rare impression

lukorely

rare impression

Post by lukorely » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:39 am

(sorry for my English)
I used many programs with my prusa i3 pro b (cura, slic3r, easyprint3d, repetier host) and in all the impression is not well done, for example, the xyz cube makes it smaller and then enlarges it but it is already late and it goes wrong, in other impressions it is the same, it makes it smaller or cuts the piece, I don't know what to do anymore, I bought it used, but the seller doesn't answer me. thanks

William
Site Admin

Re: rare impression

Post by William » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:23 pm

Hi,You can check to see if your flow rate is 100% and calibrate the extruder.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

lukorely

Post by lukorely » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:01 am

He used 110 of flow and as calibrator the extruder ?, Here I leave a photo of a "cube" that I could print with easyprint3d, the strange thing is that it cuts the piece and is a rectangle for some reason, Is it that I have to calibrate the extruder?

fotos de la impresora
" https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... m8-ErLMCtW "

GAQ

Post by GAQ » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:25 am

Hi Lukorely,

Generally when you print an xyz calibration tube, then you'll find in the instructions how to use that cube to calibrate/change your axis step settings - which, looking at the photo would seem to be way off !

The dimensions are nothing really to do with the 'Extrusion' calibration - since they are from movement within the X, Y and Z axes.

If you google for extrusion calibration you'll find instructions as to perform this. This is done by extruding a set length of filament and comparing the set length with how much filament was actually extruded...

I found it was helpful to really slow down the feed rates and print speeds when doing this for the first time.
Try doing this at half the speed you're currently using. You can speed up later, but it's better to rule out other factors to begin with.

Step faults in your prints are often caused by the XYZ carriages not travelling smoothly enough - maybe they need lubricating a little ?

Gerry