Extruder change and upgrade

Zampa

Extruder change and upgrade

Post by Zampa » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:13 pm

Hello everyone,,
On my continuing mission to elevate the weight on the z axis I was thinking of removing the hot end and extruder motor, in favour of mounting the motor to the frame and running the filament to an ed3 titan v6 style hot end.https://trackeasy.fun/usps/ https://showbox.tools/
I understand the filament will need to be run through a Bowden style set up.
Now my main question is has any one modified their printer on this way and could you point me in right direction of where and how to start.
Last edited by Zampa on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: Extruder change and upgrade

Post by William » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:25 am

:D Hi, pro b is a short-range extruder.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Barzak

Re: Extruder change and upgrade

Post by Barzak » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:23 am

Assuming you have an I3 pro b
I also changed mine to an Bowden style extruder.
I used an E3D V6 knockoff from Ebay its called JHead or something. It comes with Bowden tubing Heater and Sensor.
I also needed an Geared Extruder Motor wich basically pushes the FIlament with more force, since you have more friction in a long tube.
You will find one if you search for something along the lines off "Titan Bowden Geared". Keep in mind that this is basically a Gearbox, so you need to change your Esteps to 400ish, depends on the model.
You can use your old Extruder Motor.
I also needed an Clamp to mount the Hotend to my X axis.
I simply printed one off thingiverse there are a ton of mountings for the V6 hotend.
you will probably need screws for the new mounting, make sure you have some standard M4 screws and nuts.