Newbie in problems

pfuente

Newbie in problems

Post by pfuente » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:58 am

I'm a teacher. In my new school I found a 3D printer Geeetech i3. All the old teachers that know about it are missing.
My 3D printing knowledge is very (very) basic.
First question: How can I Know what model is the printer exactly?
Second question: In my tests I have not been able to print due to jams in the hotend. I have unblocked it a couple of times but it gets stuck again. In the process I broke the ptfe tube. What replacement should I get?

I submit a couple of photos
frontal.JPG
frontal.JPG (253.15 KiB) Viewed 7908 times
hotend.JPG
hotend.JPG (220.12 KiB) Viewed 7908 times

William
Site Admin

Re: Newbie in problems

Post by William » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:25 am

:D Hi, 1. When you turn on the printer, you can check the model displayed on the display;
2. When you print out the print is inconsistent, you can try to check the spring tension on the feeder.
If it is too loose, you can add the paper jam at the spring to adjust it. If you mean to break the tube, you need to do it. replace.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

GAQ

Post by GAQ » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:35 am

Hi pfuente,
Your printer looks all but identical to my 'Geeetech i3 Pro B'.
If you're ever looking at Thingiverse (Good place for student printing projects ?) there's a photo of my machine here...
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3616021
OK, I have fitted a component fan and bed-probe, but you can see they're the same.
So... Jams in the hotend ?
I'd change the nozzle - they cost just pennies on Ebay/Amazon
Go for a 0.4mm nozzle - mine came with 0.3mm (Doesn't sound a lot, but it is when you start !)
Check your extruder - I've had far more issues with jams/blockages and bits of filament here than with the nozzle.
Take this apart, clean out any debris and re-assemble.
Clean and lubricate all the X,Y and Z axis rods and drive-screws, they'll be dusty and in need of some light machine oil ('3-in-one' would be a good choice in the UK)
Make sure everything slides smoothly when the machine is switched off...
Start printing at half the speed you think you should to start with !
I've had very few errors due to slow printing, but loads when trying to print too quickly !
Make sure you have fresh filament, unless it's been kept in a dessicator, old filament may give you problems. (It absorbs moisture over time)
Let us know how you get on.
Gerry

RandyBonnette

Post by RandyBonnette » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:10 pm

GAQ wrote:
If you're ever looking at Thingiverse (Good place for student printing projects ?) there's a photo of my machine here...
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3616021

<<<>>>
Quoted text collapsed
<<<>>>
essay dune
Hi Gerry,
I'm planning to organize a STEM club for 3D design enthusiasts at Downers Grove North High School. We have an old MakerGear M2, but I thought about either Geeetech i3 Pro B, A10 or A20. What would you recommend? Thanks.

GAQ

Post by GAQ » Sun May 03, 2020 6:25 pm

Hi Randy,
Chicago eh ? - It's been a long time since I went there, it's a long way from Manchester UK !
So choice of machine ???
Firstly, I'd say get one that works - first and foremost it must work - you must know how to drive it...
It may be easy to say buy one that's pre-built... BUT, I fully understand cost implications.
Also - Several cheaper machines may well be far better than one single machine - prints take a while and several machines can help with group activities...
I cannot really fault Geeetech.
Yes, they're cheap and you can certainly buy/build better... but they're really cheap... And I've always managed to get around any problems I've had with mine very easily. Problems have been part of the learning and almost always a result of something I could have done better myself (Not the machine)...
The later machines are based around extrusions - these have got to be easier and less prone to build error than bolted rods and plates.
I would go with one of these... The A20 being the easiest in your list ?
Now - One thing I could have really done with when I first started was the help of someone who'd done it before !
I'd shout out to parents / former students etc and find someone who's BUILT a machine...
(Beware of someone that's just seen one working under the guidance of others ! )
If you find such a helping hand, they could prove invaluable...
Unless you just get "You've got to spend thousands mate, cheap machines don't work"...
Because they do !
- NB, it's not the building that's tricky, but the firmware/arduino/initial start-up that proves daunting - hence it doesn't matter what machine they built - the start-up issues are the same)
You will have a far greater understanding of any machine you build yourself (Even with help).
You will not have to send away for fault diagnosis and repairs will be cheap.
The slicing software you use will be pretty much identical no matter what machine you go for (Cura / Slic3r both free and machine independent)
I always load my .gcode files onto an sd card and print from there - Hence one PC can drive many machines ! - Students can have their own sd card (Very cheap and lets them keep their own work)
Get machines based on extrusions... A twin head may be fun to try (I don't have one, but my next machine will have two heads minimum)
Build it - get some of the older students involved in this process - they'll learn too and be far less prone to running up with too many questions !
I hope that sort of answers your question !

JamesConybeare

Post by JamesConybeare » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:45 pm

I have planned numerous standards as an example. Tragically, my persistent effort was not engaged on some other page. So I decided to get essay tigers review to get more quality in my work. I trust you will esteem it, which will urge me to work with devotion.