Problem with Bed Leveling

fedmic

Problem with Bed Leveling

Post by fedmic » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Federico and I bought a Prusa I3 Pro B with GT2560 Rev A card. After the first difficulties and related modifications, I was able to make some good prints doing Manual Bed Leveling every time before printing and adjusting the zero of the 'Z axis with the screw. I then switched to using the 3DTouch, properly configured, but each time after the G28 G29 the first layer of the skirt, the bed is higher on the right than on the left, so that the nozzle rubs the glass bed. I tried to adjust the height of the trolley with templates, I tried to adjust the bed every time, but every time after G28 G29, the difference in height between the right and left side is restored, despite the various changes to the bed. Now I have found a quick solution, raising the trolley manually on the side where the bed is higher, with the hand turning the motor by two / three clicks. Since this resolves it, maybe the problem is caused by the firmware? Despite the manual leveling with a sheet of paper, the 3Dtouch Autobel leveling fails to make up for the differences? (this does not seem possible to me because I lost half a day making it flat)
HELP ^ _ ^
Marlin-PI3_Pro_B_3DTouch (A+).rar
(302.69 KiB) Downloaded 386 times

Jarda3d

Re: Problem with Bed Leveling

Post by Jarda3d » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:33 pm

If you printer is correctly aligned, then you finally do not need 3Dtouch. And note that first up to 50 hours the printer is in settling.

I did not understand reason of buying prehistoric printers with Prusas "price optimizations in construction".

Brief history.

There was some from first public constructions like Rebel and Mendel. Rebel is better, made by brains with mechanical construction knowledge, Mendel is like constructions from 10 years old son.

What you think that Prusa printer is? Sure, Mendel without supports and all other parts for mechanical stability, simplified with diletants knowledge of mechanics. Something was taken from Rebel, but not much, base is simplified Mendel. Bad, bad, really bad.

Why you think that Chinese manufacturers did not simplify Prusa printers but adds more improvements? Because Prusa cuts mfg prices more than chinese...

Geeetech, please, did not offer these Prusa-like printers without exclamation that it is printers for study of early printers. Thanks!

There are plenty of much better models with affordable price. If you want to go really low, go to Ender-2. But if you can, buy A10.
A10M Slic3r profile: here and fresh on github (lot of tips here)
A10 Slic3r profile: here
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.