3DTouch Z-Offset Adjustment

tomlithgow

3DTouch Z-Offset Adjustment

Post by tomlithgow » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:01 pm

I've installed a 3DTouch on my printer but the nozzle was too high above the bed. So I followed the instructions both on videos and Geeetech's installation instructions. The problem is that they don't work.

What you're told to do is to move the z-axis to z=0 then move it down until it's the correct distance (the paper thickness test). That's fine in theory, only on my printer, neither through Repetier Host nor the LCD Menu "Move Axis" will it allow me to move the z-axis lower.

I thought about doing it through trial and error by adjusting the z-offset value, but it won't let me decrease that value.

Is there sonething in the firmware that needs to be enabled/disabled to let me do this. Because my printer certainly isn't working the way I've seen others working.

William
Site Admin

Re: 3DTouch Z-Offset Adjustment

Post by William » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:14 pm

Hi, For specific operations on firmware modification and calibration, you can refer to this:http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... ing_Sensor
I hope this can help you.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

tomlithgow

Post by tomlithgow » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:35 pm

This getting frustrating....I have asked this question in several different places and always get referred back to the instruction which I have already said I have followed and videos I have already seen.

I read the instructions you have referred me to before I even bought the 3DTouch so that I understood precisely what I needed to do and I followed those instructions (and FYI those instructions do not cover the GT2560 A+ board which already has connections for the 3DTouch and doesn't need any modification). I followed the instructions to the letter. Everything worked until I got to the calibration stage.

Neither Repetier Host nor the LCD menu commands will allow me to move the nozzle closer to the print bed so the Calibration process described in the instructions cannot be done.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi, Can you provide a specific video?
So that we can solve the problem better.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

tomlithgow

Post by tomlithgow » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:17 pm

I'll do that asap....in the meantime I've got things working by physically adjusting the 3dTouch with washers.

Giusegt

Post by Giusegt » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:15 am

Hi, maybe I can help you because I've been there,
the touch sensor must have a distance of height of 8 mm between the nozzle and the base of the sensor

https://www.google.com/search?q=bl+tou ... RoG7SGOjNM

Ry4n

Post by Ry4n » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:14 pm

I know this is an old post, however for anyone searching around (Like me) the answer I believe is to turn off the software limits.
Issue the command M211 S0 to the printer using the terminal in octoprint or pronterface or whatever you use and then you can lower the z axis. once you have the correct offset you can issue the command M211 S1 to turn the software limits back on.
You then need to change the offset in your firmware in the relevant section to make your offset change permanent.

My 'advice' is provided as is, I am not an expert and I will not be held responsible if you follow my advice and something breaks!