Just Recieved my Replacement Hotbed kit But...

Sa1Wales

Just Recieved my Replacement Hotbed kit But...

Post by Sa1Wales » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:05 am

My power supply is a P500W24V so I got the 24V Replacement Bed Kit, But on removing the Hotbed that was on my A30 it is wired for 12V So I am very confused, Will it be ok to put the 24V bed on it or not?

Also The Super Plate that came with the Replacement bed the yellow pealable paper on the back has 2 bad creases on it where the the adhesive hasnt been stuck onto the glass properly So it means I will not have a flat surface The main reason I was replacing the Original bed, Because the Superplate had been stuck down with the Orange Tape still left around the edge of the hotbed which made the Center of the bed lower to the rest, though it is only a small amount I would have problems with prints not sticking to the center of the bed.

Thanks for Reading hope someone from Geeetech can help me on this?
Attachments
PowerLabel.JPG
PowerLabel.JPG (218.35 KiB) Viewed 7480 times

William
Site Admin

Re: Just Recieved my Replacement Hotbed kit But...

Post by William » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:13 am

Hello, the 12v hot bed cannot be directly connected to the power supply. If your hot bed does not stick, you can put a glass plate on it. :D
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Sa1Wales

Post by Sa1Wales » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:55 pm

William wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:13 am
Hello, the 12v hot bed cannot be directly connected to the power supply. If your hot bed does not stick, you can put a glass plate on it. :D
Thanks for the reply William, but Not sure what you mean by your reply. Here is a pic of the 2 hotbeds Old and New, the new hotbed is 24V my old one is 12V but the power supply is 24V so will the New one work if I plug it in? or do it need re-wireing to use 12V?
Attachments
DSC_0987.JPG
DSC_0987.JPG (467.59 KiB) Viewed 7466 times

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:49 am

Hello, I see that your power supply is 24v, so you can directly connect to the new hot bed without changing the wiring method. If you want to change to 12v wiring, you can also solder according to the wiring of the old hot bed. :D Sorry for the trouble.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Sa1Wales

Post by Sa1Wales » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:18 pm

William wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:49 am
Hello, I see that your power supply is 24v, so you can directly connect to the new hot bed without changing the wiring method. If you want to change to 12v wiring, you can also solder according to the wiring of the old hot bed. :D Sorry for the trouble.
Thank you very much William I will fit the bed later today. :)

Sal.

Sa1Wales

Post by Sa1Wales » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:09 pm

Thanks for the help william, Fitted the new bed and all is fine. I did have to countersink the screw holes a bit more for the screw heads to be level with the plate surface but all seems good now thanks again.

Sal.