Printer Initial Problems

Connal

Printer Initial Problems

Post by Connal » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi,

I've just finished building my new A30 and, having switched it on, it all seemed fine. However, when I tried to manually level the bed, the extruder 'homed' to off the bed (and a bit above it) and then it wouldn't move. The motors seem to be still trying to move it but it can't go any further. I've tried using the move menu, a factory reset and disabling the stepper motors but so far, nothing has moved it from that corner.

The menu buttons beep when I press them but nothing seems to make a difference.

If I switch off the printer and start it again, the head doesn't moved and only the fans can be heard. By pressing the manual levelling button, it makes the motor noise again, while it is stuck in the corner. I have disabled and disconnected the auto-leveller I bought for it.

Please help as I'm keen to get printing!

Thanks,

Connal

Connal

Re: Printer Initial Problems

Post by Connal » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:04 pm

Update....

The Z motors are not operating. I've connected my laptop to the printer and I can make the head move in the x and y planes, with no problems. When I try in the z plane I can see the z motors trying to move but they can't.

Any ideas?

Connal

Admin

Re: Printer Initial Problems

Post by Admin » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:50 am

Hi,
You can try to connect the z-axis left and right motor wires to the xy-axis motor separately, and move z on the screen to see if xy moves.