upgrades and fixes?

BobaLives

upgrades and fixes?

Post by BobaLives » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:37 am

What upgrades have any of you done to the A30? What hot-end is a good upgrade to the original A30 hot-end that will plug and print? What stepper motors are a good upgrade? Anything that will make the A30 run and print better.

my hotbed motor is clicking, and also the filament tends to curl up and gum up the extruder tip while trying to lay down initial layer. I replaced tip and cleaned everything, adjusted the temperature and speed and it still doesn't lay down smooth on the bed during initial layer. Not sure if it is the filament brand, which is Sunlu PLA+, or the replacement brass tips I bought. I store all my filament in a dry box with moisture absorbing beads, I remove filament when done printing, so its not out of the dry box more than 8 hours. I level the bed every print, the center is tighter than the outside corners when I level, so the center is slightly higher than the rest of bed, but the tip doesn't grind the glass.

I want to replace the entire hot-end, just not sure which one will mount up to the housing box and be a simple plug and print. I'm getting frustrated with the failed initial layers no matter what I do. It has been printing fine, but over the last few days the adhesion to the bed has been getting worse and I do clean it with alcohol before every print. Do i need to start blue taping the bed before prints and use hairspray or glue stick? I have gotten nice prints from the machine, but recently the initial layers have been messing up and now some lines in the prints. I am beginning to spend more time messing with the printer, then printing.

Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

William
Site Admin

Re: upgrades and fixes?

Post by William » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:21 am

Hi, Can you provide details of your printer model?
Do you clean the coating of the hotbed?
If your printer model does not stick to a hotbed,
you can try to apply glue on the hotbed or increase the bottom area.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

BobaLives

Re: upgrades and fixes?

Post by BobaLives » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 am

I have a Geeetech A30 all stock, 24V system. I clean the heated with alcohol before each print.