Z-Axis shift between left and right

ChrisH90

Z-Axis shift between left and right

Post by ChrisH90 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:32 pm

Hello all, I have some issue on my A30 with the two steppers left and right. For first I have to say that both stepper drivers are adjusted to 0.9V Vref. Anyway, after a long print for about 10 hours there is a shift of the hight between the left and the right stepper motor (at least 3mm between left and right lead screw). All screws are tightened and the spindles works fine and easy if you power of the motors.
My Idea now is to couple both sides with pulleyes and a belt (but I`m not sure if this is the best way for the stepper).
Has anyone the same problem and solves this with any other solution? :?:

William
Site Admin

Re: Z-Axis shift between left and right

Post by William » Mon May 20, 2019 7:16 pm

-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

ChrisH90

Post by ChrisH90 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Hi William, not really. I also tried to use the auto leveling sensor but it is not as accurate as I wanted to have.
This also does not help with my problem because the shift becomes bigger and bigger with every print. In some time the shift is high enough to break the X Axis.

KinCatia

Post by KinCatia » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:15 am

Your problem sound the same as mine was. The X beam was assembled with one end higher than the other so when I leveled the beam to the frame it was under load so gradually one side dropped relative to the other until they were 2 mm different. All that point I had no more problem except square sides weren't really square. I took the beam off and adjusted it and all seams well at the present. Did you find when leveling the beam turning the lead screw it felt tight? Mine did but doesn't now.
See
https://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopi ... 65&t=68801

Oliveira

Post by Oliveira » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:58 pm

The setting to show categories in reverse order is applied to the X axis. When you send one series to the secondary axis (which is NOT called the Z-Axis, by the way, but the secondary Y-Axis), Excel also generates a secondary X-Axis, which is hidden by default visit official site
Last edited by Oliveira on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbalat

Post by jbalat » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:44 pm

After printing for 24hrs the right side is now about 3mm higher than the left. The printer was jammed on the same layer for ages until I paused it.