[SOLVED] printer stops every time mid print

gamura

[SOLVED] printer stops every time mid print

Post by gamura » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:16 am

Hi,

since yesterday I am unable to print with my A30 printer anymore. No matter what I try to print, the printer pauses after lets say 16 layers or so. When i manually resume the print, the printer moves the printhead back to last position just to pause the print immediately again. I print via SD card, models are sliced with Simplify3D. I already tried to reset the printer to factory default, but the problem is still there.

Pls help, in this state the printer is not usable anymore.

Best Regards,

Gamura
Last edited by gamura on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lexan

Re: printer stops every time mid print

Post by Lexan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:55 am

May u show us the gcode ?

gamura

Re: printer stops every time mid print

Post by gamura » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:39 am

I was able to solve my issue by updating to the 1.36.57 firmware. I have no idea, why the printer started pausing mid print. But the issue seems to be gone for now. So if someone else is experiencing this issue, just update to the newest stable firmware version.

The gcode file looks normal to me, but i attached it anyways. I tried multiple models, every try ended in having this weird pause issue. My next step would have been to use another slicer.

Thanks!
Attachments
xyzCalibration_cube.zip
(52.84 KiB) Downloaded 420 times

Lexan

Re: [SOLVED] printer stops every time mid print

Post by Lexan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:43 am

why z hopp, why fan 100% at first layer ?

gamura

Post by gamura » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:05 am

z-hop to avoid scratches on the first layer. And 100% fan on the first layer to reduce the change of warping. Tbh, printed objects on my printer tend to bending on the lower right end of the printbed. I had bending/warping issues when idling the fan for the first layers. Since I changed it to 100% for the first layer... well... it is just my impression, it got a little better.

And the scars on the surface... well... I didnt manage to get rid of them. Perhaps one day :-)

Lexan

Post by Lexan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:44 am

okay, z-hop always below 0.5 mm
and sorry the partcoolingfan on the first layer just make the fact that you might get warpping even higher