SD card doesn't function anymore

mdasoft

SD card doesn't function anymore

Post by mdasoft » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi Everybody,

I have E180 since dicember, Initially the SD Card works fine, but now it doesn't recognized anymore!
I try to format the card (FAT and FAT32), I try with more cards but nothing appends.
Finally I tried to update firmware (I have V1.00.16) of the machine using Easy print 3d (software ver.1.1.7 with new firmware V1.13.16) but at finish of the process (the software said that was sussefully) the firmware doesn't update!

Can someone help me?

Thank you in advance.
M.

mdasoft

Re: SD card doesn't function anymore

Post by mdasoft » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:34 pm

Problem solved,

I open the printer, and the little cable from sd card to mainboard is not fixed properly.

Ken Swindell

Post by Ken Swindell » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:04 am

Try new cards. I do not have an E180, but I had another brand that did the same thing. I had to order SD cards smaller than 1g, larger cards wouldn't work. The printer would read the new cards. Some cards seem to get corrupt fairly quickly.

VooPoc

Post by VooPoc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:37 pm

I've checked my supplied 1GB SD card and it's formatted in FAT, bear in mind that FAT only supports partition sizes up to 4GB. I've also tested an 8GB SD card formatted in FAT32 and that works. I was intending to create a partition size of 4GB to test for you, but considering it works at 8GB with FAT32, it's redundant. I also have a 64GB but its formatted in NTFS, I did test it, but I don't want to play too much with this card. It obviously couldn't read it, however, I noticed I needed to power-cycle the E180 when I plugged in my working 1GB SD. I didn't validate this but I'd suggest power-cycling when play around with your SD Cards.

I also notice there is a config.txt file on my SD card. Does anyone know what this is?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:13 pm

You can delete it,it is useless.It is used for test before arrive at your hand
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

L30n

Post by L30n » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:53 am

I have a similar problem.
My SD card worked perfectly for a few days, as long as I did not remove it.
I wanted to load a file to print, I removed it and replace it after loading my file.
Now the screen allways says "SD Card Removed !!" and every second, says briefly "SD Card OK"...
I tried another cart of 1GB in FAT32, it does not change anything.
I tried a factory reset, nothing changes.
I opened the printer to check the cable, it is OK
Do you have an explanation ?
Thank you

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:56 am

It seems the issue root is the sd card modules.You can contact the related sales for sending you a new one

omar_yousry

Post by omar_yousry » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:52 pm

Hello, Guys!
I had the problem with the SD since i bought this printer, since the easy printer was running I didn't mind, lately i couldn't print a big object as the easy print is getting crash in the middle.
So i read this thread and tried all above with no success.
So reconnecting the cable, format SD card nothing.
I found out about one problem more, file name "hence the default SD file type is FAT" the maximum length for file name is 11 characters including the . and extension, as we use the .gcode extension this means we are left with 5 characters only.
I tried re-formatting the card to FAT32, with no success.
I removed completely the easy print, re-install it, then upgrade the firmware of the printer with latest 1.20.21, first it didn't work, i tried to download a file through the SD card manager of Easy print, although i stopped it in the middle as the printer needed re-leveling after the firmware upgrade, after that the SD card started to see the files inside.
I'm still stick with lower length of file name and i will try longer file names and i will let you know.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:35 pm

omar_yousry wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:52 pm
Hello, Guys!
I had the problem with the SD since i bought this printer, since the easy printer was running I didn't mind, lately i couldn't print a big object as the easy print is getting crash in the middle.
So i read this thread and tried all above with no success.
So reconnecting the cable, format SD card nothing.
I found out about one problem more, file name "hence the default SD file type is FAT" the maximum length for file name is 11 characters including the . and extension, as we use the .gcode extension this means we are left with 5 characters only.
I tried re-formatting the card to FAT32, with no success.
I removed completely the easy print, re-install it, then upgrade the firmware of the printer with latest 1.20.21, first it didn't work, i tried to download a file through the SD card manager of Easy print, although i stopped it in the middle as the printer needed re-leveling after the firmware upgrade, after that the SD card started to see the files inside.
I'm still stick with lower length of file name and i will try longer file names and i will let you know.
Ok, thanks for your feedback!I will keep an eye on it.