Heated Bed Questions

josephmartin

Heated Bed Questions

Post by josephmartin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:40 am

Hi,
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I've spotted a manufacturing problem at Geeetech on all their 3D printer....

I was under the impression that the PCB traces (i.e. the "lines") of the Mk2B heated bed should be against the glass and not facing down?

I've also noticed that the thermistor is mounted with kapton on the "lines" side rather than through the central hole (so it touches the glass). The current thermistor placement does mean an accurate reading however (as everything is upside down and) as fiberglass is an excellent insulator the heat doesn't travel so well to the glass side.

Surely the correct installation for the bed is:

1) wiring, resistor and LEDs soldered on smooth PCB side; not the trace/lines side
2) Thermistor mounted through central hole, thus touching glass; not taped to the bed surface.
3) PCB traces/lines touching glass, not facing down heating the void?

William
Site Admin

Re: Heated Bed Questions

Post by William » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:36 am

Hi, This heatbed has a dual power capability allowing it to be used with 12V or 24V power supply sources. It features a central mounting hole on the front side to allow for three-point mounting. This is much easier for bed leveling in comparison to 4 point mounting. level the side with two holes and fix in place, then level the side with one hole.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!