X-axis jumping -- 1 year later and STILL not working!!

TheDreamMaster

X-axis jumping -- 1 year later and STILL not working!!

Post by TheDreamMaster » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:34 am

Hi,

I had lost all motivation to work on the printer after months of unsuccessful trouble shooting. Last week I sat again trying to make it work and still it does not.

There are multiple problems with this printer (I3 Pro C) but the one that is preventing me from actually printing anything is that the x-axis motor (the print head carriage one) works fine one minute and then jumps all over the place all of the sudden.

I have tried switching motor controllers, installing new ones, calibrating the current with the screwdriver, nothing works. There is no pattern, it will do it when first starting cold, or after printing a couple of layers. I have found no reliable way to get it back to working again, I move the cables, adjust the current pot, etc. then all of the sudden it works again, just to fail a few minutes later.

It is really frustrating. I have no idea what to do.

Please help!!!

Mark

Re: X-axis jumping -- 1 year later and STILL not working!!

Post by Mark » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:53 am

the motor cable or the motor itself, have you checked it? I mean the connect between the motor cable connector and the cable wires, it might be loose, I once had a bad cable like that and the motor works one minuate ago and then vibrates the next minuate.

TheDreamMaster

Post by TheDreamMaster » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:38 pm

Yes I have checked the motor and cables. The motor and cables work perfectly in another axis. Also, if I hook the y-axis to the x-axis driver then it jumps around as well. So both the motor and cables are fine.

Here is what I know so far, nothing has worked:

-I have changed the motor and cable to another axis and it works in the other axis
-I have connected another axis to the x-axis controller and it jumps around as well
-I have switched the motor driver PCB for another axis, and also replaced it with a new one. It doesn't work
-If I touch the adjustment pot with a metal screw driver while grounded, the motor makes a strange noise
-The problem appears both when I just start the printer and all components are cool, as well as when it has been on for a while
-The motor connected to the x-axis driver, warms up, the other motors stay cool. This also happens if I switch the motor
-If the problem disappears at some point, then it comes back after a few minutes at random
-I have re uploaded the firmware and nothing changes
-Adjustment of the current pot in the driver does not solve the problem either

I think something is wrong with the board.

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:03 pm

seems to be the board's problem. Maybe check the pads of the X axis connector, see if there's bad solderings between those pins. And BTW, the voltage between the trimpot and GND is usually 1.0V, have you measured it?

TheDreamMaster

Post by TheDreamMaster » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:14 pm

The pads look fine, all nice and crisp, firmly soldered and not bridging between them.

The Voltage between all of my motor drivers is around 0.8V

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:17 pm

then probably be the mainboard's problem...

TheDreamMaster

Post by TheDreamMaster » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:58 pm

Should I then just contact customer support to get a replacement?

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:05 pm

I'm afraid it's out of warranty now, but you can contact them to check it.

TheDreamMaster

Post by TheDreamMaster » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Ok I will check. Thank you for your efforts.

Lami René

Post by Lami René » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:37 pm

Hello TheDreamMaster,

Excuse me, I use Google Translator to translate the text of the forum in French, because I'm not bilingual. Thank you for your understanding and indulgence! This is William Kwok, a forum moderator suggests me to proceed in this manner.

Is that your problem is now solved?

If so, how have you solved the problem?

If not, what are your needs and expectations?

I bought a 3D printer Geeetech Rostock 301 (waiting to receive it) and I am informed about it. The suite is in French to reduce inconsistencies multiple translations ...

The friend René

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour TheDreamMaster,

Excusez-moi, j'utilise Google Translator pour traduire les textes du forum en français, car je ne suis pas bilingue. Merci pour votre compréhension et votre indulgence ! C'est William Kwok, un modérateur du forum qui me suggère de procéder de cette manière.

Est-ce que votre problème est maintenant réglé ?

Si oui, comment avez-vous réglé le problème ?

Sinon, quels sont vos besoins ou attentes ?

J'ai acheté une imprimante 3D Geeetech Rostock 301 (en attente de la recevoir) et je m'informe à son sujet. La suite est en français pour réduire les incohérences des traductions multiples...

L'ami René
Un pour tous et tous pour un !
One for all and all for one !
-------------------------------------
Mon imprimante modifié : http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?178,781375,781375
Voir aussi pour mes pièces : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2464177