one of the z motor conector is not working

andresapal

one of the z motor conector is not working

Post by andresapal » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:01 am

hi
new on this and just done the construction of geetech I3 pro b 3d printer

everything looks fine in the all axels. I tested many times..... but I saw one of the z motors are not moving, x and y worsk fine.

I reviewed all the connections and they look like intructions and videos viewed

I exchange between them the both z terminals at the control board (see picture) and guees what, when I tested again the another one stops, my question is, is the control board damage something plug or what could be??

please see video and picture
video: https://youtu.be/Z_y-AxBgZzo

Rgds

rotormansa

Re: one of the z motor conector is not working

Post by rotormansa » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:00 am

It's not clear from your photo what your pointing to for the two Z axis motor connections. The Z Axis sockets are the third from the left and the one diagonally to the upper right near the edge of the board right next to the PWM FAN connector. The Fourth socket from the left is the extruder motor and that will not rotate until extruder temperature is reached.

andresapal

Post by andresapal » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Thank you, your answered made me check the back control board, I swappped struder with second z, so, now it is solve

the thing now it´s make it print!!, I have easy print, I checked some videos on youtube, and i try but it is not starting to print

rotormansa

Post by rotormansa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:37 pm

I have been playing with Easy Print for a day or so, not impressed at the moment. Lots and lots of bugs and things that just don't work. I would recommend you download the real version of Repetier from their website (google it). I had both the real version from the Repetier site and the Geeetech redistributed version installed on my PC... that lead to very odd behavior with Slic3r. You can find settings on this forum for Slic3r settings that you can program into the Repetier application. I've obtained very good results with this. You also will want to calibrate the extruder. Mark off 100mm of filament then tell the extruder to move 100mm through the extruder (heat must be on). Measure how much filament didn't get passed through the extruder. That's an offset(error) that you'll have to plug into the eeprom from the front panel (doing it in the firmware is a pain). Look for the formula on these forums for the number to plug in or you can just increment or decrement the value by 10% and do the test over.

andresapal

Post by andresapal » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:38 am

Thank you,

I will try it !!, I´ll be back with comments
rgds