print jumps multiple times

aphocks

print jumps multiple times

Post by aphocks » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:26 am

Hi all, I have a prusa i3 pro B made out of laser cut wood with a GT2560 control board. When I go to print things it starts normally and then after a few layers it will pause for two seconds or so and then start printing again but it will have translated the print to some random location so i have mismatched layers. The re-positioning seems to be a random distance and direction and the number of layers between shifts seems to be random too. I am at a total loss after confirming the tightness of the belts, turning the feed rate down to 50%, and trying to print from the SD card and from USB (because of that last bit I think it's a problem with the board). HELP ! :cry:

Toy
Site Admin

Re: print jumps multiple times

Post by Toy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:22 pm

Could it be the problem of the motor driver? I think you can just change the drivers and see if it will make any difference.

aphocks

Post by aphocks » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:47 pm

Do you mean I should try changing drivers to a different slot like say switching X-axis and Z-axis to see if the problem changes - that would identify if one driver was the problem! Or do you mean I should buy new drivers and swap all of them out?

Toy
Site Admin

Post by Toy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:41 pm

aphocks wrote:Do you mean I should try changing drivers to a different slot like say switching X-axis and Z-axis to see if the problem changes - that would identify if one driver was the problem! Or do you mean I should buy new drivers and swap all of them out?
I don't know which direction your print is jumping. If it's jumping in x direction, you can swap the driver for x axis with other axis, if y then swap the y driver with others.

aphocks

Post by aphocks » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:39 am

here is the problem I'm having:
Attachments
cube 1.png
cube 1.png (231 KiB) Viewed 24267 times

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:49 am

aphocks wrote:here is the problem I'm having:
Hi,
1.Have you read this article about troubleshooting the layer shifting:
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... salignment
2.Test the voltage of driver module if you have a multimeter in your hand.I guess it's the insufficient driver voltage caused it...The normal voltage value is 0.8-1.2V,you can adjust the potentiometer to adjust the voltage:
0.png
0.png (164.62 KiB) Viewed 24265 times
3.If you have check all of the above,then re-upload the firmware to have a try.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

aphocks

Post by aphocks » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:13 pm

okay so i purchased another gt2560 board and uploaded firmware per geeetech support's link so i know the FW is the right one and I'm still having trouble. I adjusted the pots on the drivers and no fix. To me this just leaves the steppers, could they be failing intermittently? Either the X or Y, because it's offsetting at random angles and distances it could be either right?

aphocks

Post by aphocks » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:00 am

After examining the error more closely it appears that fro about three seconds all power is cut to outputs ie. fans, heaters, motors. the red heater light turns off, the steppers spin freely as if without power, and the fans stop turning the orange strobing lights that indicate data are still on though. Then everything starts working again but the print moves to a different spot. thoughts?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:04 am

Can't catch your idea...Could you attach a video to show your problem?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

fabiosoft

Post by fabiosoft » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:35 pm

Same problem for me...now seems fixed.

What slicer are you using?