problems with installing firmware I3X and lcd without info

bob55

problems with installing firmware I3X and lcd without info

Post by bob55 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:33 am

W
salesman-geetech object number-231801657723 geettech I3X
Dear sirs I finally constructed my 3d printer using the instructions that I downloaded .I thank you for sending me the few things that where missing and the pcb torrent sensor.The problem is that the axis xyz do not move at all and the lcd board has two black lines .The power supply is ok and the arduino board is wired correctly (I controlled everything 2 times).On the arduino board there are 3 leds lighted to.I downloaded Marlin,Repetier host and arduino 1.0.1.Everything is dead.I tried to move the 3 axis with repetier host but without any success.I'm a beginner and don't really know what to do.Do I have to reload the firmware or something else.Could you please help me to get my 3d printer running with some clear explanations ? I'm at a deadend.I really don't what to do.Lately I reinserted the firmware but not with arduino 1.0.1 because it does not have any boards written so with the marlin of my i3x printer sent to me from mr lemon.wang.It opened the marlin firmware with arduino 1.8.2.I edited it and with the arrow I uploaded it to my printer.The orange leds started flashing so I presume it loaded the program.I tried to print something with repetier but everything is dead .The lcd screen does not have any data just two lines of square boxes one on top of each other.Its impossibile after having spent my money to start a hobby that I cannot print anything at all and worst of all can't even make the printer even move.I don't really do not know what to do.I only need some precise and clear information on what to do at this moment.I only ask for a list of precise operations .If I can help I will send any photograph requested on your behalf to solve the various problems.
Waiting anxiously for your e-mail........my best regards robertoaiting anxiously for your e-mail........my best regards roberto

rotormansa

Re: problems with installing firmware I3X and lcd without i

Post by rotormansa » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:27 am

A few additional debug confirmations:
1. Turn printer on and measure voltage at the pins going to the controller board (assuming GT2560). Black wire to either red lead should be 12V to 13V.
1a. If voltage is ok and within those ranges visually inspect that the three fuses are in place. There are two right next to the power connector labeled F1 and F3 that are user serviceable and another very small non-user serviceable 500mA fuse near the USB connector labeled F2. You can measure from ground to each side of these fuses (carefully not to short out any other components when making the measurements) and verify the fuses are intact.

Assuming voltages are ok;
1. You downloaded Arduino software and installed it on your PC. Can you connect the Arduino software to the printer and appropriately connect to the printer?
2. Verify the drivers on the PC are installed.

Connectors to the display
Having black squares on the LCD panel indicates :
1. Cables not connected correctly (double check the ribbon cables are going to the right connector on the controller card).
2. There is no software executing on the controller card.
2a. Did you verify the voltage to the controller card?
2b. Can you connect to the printer (controller card) with the Arduino software?

If you can't connect to the controller card with the Arduino software?
3. is the drivers for the FTDI USB chip installed properly (assuming your running windows). Look at the PC device manager with the printer powered and the usb cable connected.
4. If you can talk to the controller card with the Arduino software, uploading the firmware for the 2560 should take about 3 minutes. Make sure the power / connector amber LED is on and the amber data traffic LED is blinking all the time you are uploading the firmware.

Let me know your findings.

William
Site Admin

Re: problems with installing firmware I3X and lcd without i

Post by William » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:57 am

Hi,as to LCD problem,please check this post:viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17040
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!