i3X LCD stays black

Lamont

Re: i3X LCD stays black

Post by Lamont » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:58 am

Weird it is, it was working eletrically perfect before i uploaded the 3d touch fw, so if the fw cant broke the board i think i still have hope. I do have that old bricked board still and it has that oscillator but i would have to be pretty sure that it is indeed that part before i try to replace it. Well i keep trying and searching for solutions and thank you for your reply again.

bang

Post by bang » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:10 pm

Okay,waiting for your updates.

Lamont

Post by Lamont » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:57 am

Well, got it working, kinda. After i unplugged the 3d touch i was trying to upload the untouch (some minor changes was in it but it was working earlier) working fw and it just didnt accept it (or it did but nothing changed), tried to upload the original i3x fw what i had not changed a bit and voila it did the trick. Those two rows disappeared and everything was back in the state before all this 3d touch hazzle. Havent got it to connect through repetier host yet but i will sooner or later. So its hard to say what went wrong in the fw and why it didnt accept the earlier working fw, but im just glad that the board isnt bricked again.

Now all i have to figure out how i would get those smooth rods straight because i think that eventhough i would get that 3d touch working that wont fix the problem that the corners are lower than the center, or does anyone know what it will do if the bed is uneven? I was thinking about placing some kapton tape under the aluminum bed on its edges but because it connects from the corners i think that would not work either? Anything i could do regarding that, other then buy new rods, because those are pretty expensive and i would only need those that hold the extruder and from ebay its buy all or nothing?

bang

Post by bang » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Concerning the uneven bed,i guess you can replace it with another one or put a glass on the aluminum plate.

Lamont

Post by Lamont » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:15 am

The uneven bed is just a "metaphor" for symptoms that those bended smooth rods produce, i guess. Because there is a glass (about the size of the bed) above the aluminum and if i adjust the nozzle to one paper sheet away from the bed in edge i cant slide the extruder across to the other edge. That aberration is about 2 or 3 paper sheets from the middle point so its not much but enough to make 10cm wide prints to fail. Could be something else too but im my mind the "uneven bed" is the best explanation for those bigger prints to fail. But hopefully i find some tubes to replace those in near future so i can be sure that it is indeed because of those smooth rods, i suppose hollow copper pipes would do well enough too? As long as they are exactly the same thickness.

bang

Post by bang » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:42 pm

Not sure if it would be working.