LCD high Pitched Sount

MEJiangster

Re: LCD high Pitched Sount

Post by MEJiangster » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:58 am

Hi, Sorry I keep spamming you with replies. I'm trying things out. I got the motors to work now. All I had to do was click the "power" button on the software. The LCD screen now reads "Ultimaker Off". However, the Z axis (up/down) motors still don't go down even halfway. How would I fix this?

Also, the LCD screen is still making the loud, continuous, high pitched sound.

Thank you very much for your patience and replies.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:07 pm

It is normal that the lcd light is on when you are moving the axis with you hand.
How is it when you let all the axes auto home?

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:33 am

Is it possible that I simply got a defective board?

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:49 am

It's hard to tell if the board is defective with your description.
Please answer my following quesitons:
1. Can you let all the axes auto home by Repetier? (You can refer to this page to learn how to control it:http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 21&t=16512)
2. Can you heat up the extruders and hot bed to set value?
3. Can you print?
4. Please take a photo of mainboard with wiring.

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:43 pm

1. I tried to get the axes home via Repetier. The X and Y Axis move until they hit the end stop. The Z axis does nothing. Here's a photo of what I clicked, circled in red. I also tried the other home buttons. X and Y work, not Z.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvdbjrl2frt2x ... n.png?dl=0
The Z motors will go up then back down to about the halfway point, not the end stop. So this might somehow be improperly calibrated? I checked and the min is set to zero.

2. I can heat up the extruders and bed. Extruder 1 goes up to whatever I set it at (I tried 200C and 250C). Heating bed also goes up to whatever I set it at (120C). Extruder 2 heats up until it hits the maximum temperature, then all 3 gradually cool down and the LCD screen reads "Err: MAXTEMP".
The second time I tried to set the temperatures via the LCD screen, and set the temps for all 3 to 50C. Extruder 1 and the heating bed went slightly past my settings then stopped. Extruder 2 went to 86, not max temperature this time.
Also, red lights on the main board flash and light up at the extruder connectors when it heats up.
I can set and see the temperatures on Repetier via manual control as well as via the LCD screen.

The 3rd time was when I tried to print something. I set extruder 1 to 220C and the heating bed to 120C. The heating bed didn't heat up even though the red lights on the board were lit for only extruder 1 and the heating bed. Extruder 1 and 2 both heated up. Extruder 1 hit 220C while extruder 2 kept climbing until it hit 250C.

3. I cannot print. I put in an STL file, clicked "run job", and it didn't do anything. It can see my gcode though. Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4izkotjv260u ... n.png?dl=0

4. Here's a link to the photos of the main board:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/afhbiz32r67o ... 4Bhua?dl=0
As far as I know, all the connections are where they need to be.

Thanks for your help so far!

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:55 pm

Hey, I notice that you connected the heating wires wrong. According to the picture you take, from left to right should be BED, Extruder2, Extruder1.
As you can see the wiring diagram in the wiki page:
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... ace_Layout
And please check if the corresponding thermistor is connected correctly.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:00 pm

You need to click "Slice with Slic3r" to generate gcode, because the printer inplements gcode file.
slice with slic3r.png
You can refer to this page to set your printer in Repetier-Host, I am using Repetier-Host1.0.6.
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 21&t=16512

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:31 pm

I adjusted the heating wires as your instructed. I checked the thermistors and they were fine.

As for printing, it kind of prints. I'm still having a lot of trouble with the z axis motors. They won't go down so the extruders are printing in mid air instead of over the heating bed.

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:49 pm

I think part of the problem for the Z axis is that the motors aren't strong enough to rotate the threaded rods. I can hear the motors trying to turn, but the rods don't. I'm going to dismantle that part and try to lubricate the threaded rods tomorrow. it's currently midnight in the U.S.
If you have any other suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

Thanks for your help so far!

Also, if you have any other ideas as to how to take care of that annoying, high pitched noise, I'd very much appreciate it. Whenever I work on the printer I have to wear shop ear muffs or my ears start to hurt.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:17 pm

May be smooth rod is not smooth enough, you can smear some lubricating oil.
If you want to raise the power of z motors, there is a screw on motor driver, rotate that screw slightly, use a multimeter to test the voltage between screw between GND, 0.9 is ok.

The fastest way to get rid of the sound is removing the beeper on LCD.