LCD high Pitched Sount

MEJiangster

Re: LCD high Pitched Sount

Post by MEJiangster » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:59 pm

I'll keep trying. I'll see if buying replacement threaded rods will help. How high above the print bed should the extruder be? At the moment I set it up to almost be touching the print bed, and since the extruder can't move up, the ABS blobs around the extruder

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:14 pm

the gap between the extruder and hot bed is 0.4mm.Put an A4 paper on the hotbed,if you could draw out the paper without obstruction,this is the best height of extruder. Regarding to the jam in the extruder.please raise the temperature of extruder,and squezze out the filament manually.try to clear the jam in the extruder at first.

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:29 pm

I changed the z axis rods and the extruder moves seamlessly in all directions now. However, the heating bed does not heat past 74C and so the ABS is not adhering to the heating bed. I have also tried putting masking tape on the heating bed and that doesn't help.

Another issue I'm having is that the autohome function doesn't make the extruder move to all the end stops. Only to the y axis end stop. This problem applies to both Repetier and to the LCD controls.