Documentation of the I3 201

UweK

Documentation of the I3 201

Post by UweK » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:38 am

Hi everybody,
I'm facing severe problems in building up my new I3 201. All known docs and videos show a different controller board. I'm stuck now. The board I've got with the box is the controller board of the Rostock 3D printer(!?) but equipped with 5 stepper drivers only. (https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dh2DsvT2BzU0wzQF3) Ont top I could find any reference of what to plug where on the board. Can someone please bring a light on me? I'd like a document defining names for each stepper motor please and for the extruders. I have no idea what to plug in where because cable have changed, I had to change cables, cables in the docs are different, orientation of extruders (right one?, left one?)
Thanks for any help
Uwe

William
Site Admin

Re: Documentation of the I3 201

Post by William » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi,
Maybe you can refer to the Rostock 301 user manual.But here is some suggestion
1.Printer structure is difference,but the definition of the board is same(Two type of printer use the same type mainboard)

2.Firmware in two type of printer is difference, Rostock 301 based on delta functions
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

UweK

Re: Documentation of the I3 201

Post by UweK » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:04 am

Hi William,
thanks so far.
But the issue is to identify which port is supporting which extruder. I don't wanna break the HW, because the heat end is controlled at one of the ports too. There is no documentation, I found, what can explains how this fits together... Pictures in the net equipped with 5 stepper drivers are showing even two different stepping driver locations.
Making an assumption:
Next to the EXT2 plug there is no stepper driver: EXT1 and EXT0 might be used to drive the two extruders?? Further assuming the extruder 0 located on the top right (!) even connected to the heatend needs to be connected to EXT0 and the extruder on the top left is the extruder 1 to be connected to the EXT1 plug. I saw pictures connecting the heatend to the extruder on the top left(?), so that's why I'm still confused. Well, that can be figured out with try and error.
The next issue is about the Z-Motors: are both plugs providing the same signal (from the same driver in parallel? The current on the Z-driver must be very high to do that)?
I hope the SW will support this configuration. I'm a little bit scared about this, as there is no documentation about this, however I think it is essential.
I'm going now to try out.
I'll let you know.
Uwe