:-( My experience with Geeetech Acrylic 3D Printer Prusa i3 Pro B Solution Z axis

fran20172017

:-( My experience with Geeetech Acrylic 3D Printer Prusa i3 Pro B Solution Z axis

Post by fran20172017 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:26 pm

My experience with:

I almost finished the assembly of one:
Geeetech Acrylic Reprap 3D Printer Prusa i3 Pro B MK8
To say that I have enough experience in assembling equipment (that saved me from not throwing the machine through the window)

This machine as it is not suitable for people who do not have experience in assembly or suitable tools.

To summarize things that I had to buy to make it work as expected.

In addition to an A4988 motor controller which potentiometer did not work and there was no way to set it to 0.9v / 1V

Two threaded guides of m8 for the blessed z axis the threaded rods that come with the machine have gone to the trash are twisted and the machine does not work well. Simple as that. I will attach a photo so that I can see the manufacturer which are the ones to put, if I know that they are somewhat more expensive but without that well balanced is a disaster.

For the one who starts to mount one that does not bother to install the rods that he brings directly to the trash and buy suitable ortras, they cost about 25 euros but you will remove headaches and lost hours.

On the other hand I mount the self leveling system and I have not yet been able to test it, but could create a firmware file already modified so that I do not have to be losing the
Time on that.

The set of keys he brings is rubbish, to put that best put nothing. The first screw that tightened a bit the keys remained K.O.

Finishing:

Of being able to make a product of very good quality they stay half way through four materials of poor quality. A pity.

Lords of geeetech already know that I will not do it, but please change the rods of the z-axes.

Thanks and best regards.

Spanish
----------------------------------------------------------
Acabo casi de terminar el montaje de una:
Geeetech Acrylic Reprap 3D Printer Prusa i3 Pro B MK8
Decir que tengo bastante experiencia en el montaje de equipos (eso me salvo de no tirar por la ventana la maquina)

Esta maquina tal como esta no es apta para gente que no tenga experiencia en el montaje ni herramientas adecuadas.

Por resumir cosas que he tenido que comprar para hacerla funcionar como se espera.

Ademas de un controlador de motor A4988 el cual el potenciometro no funcionaba y no había manera de ajustarlo a 0,9v/ 1V

Dos guias roscadas de m8 para la dichosa z axis las varillas roscadas que vienen con la maquina han ido a la basura estan torcidas y la maquina no funciona bien. Asi de simple. adjuntare una foto para que vea el fabricante cual son las que hay que poner, si ya se que son algo mas caras pero sin eso bien equilibrado es un desastre.

Para el que empieza a montar una que no se moleste en instalar las varillas que trae directamente a la basura y comprar ortras adecuadas,cuestan unos 25 euros pero os quitarais dolores de cabeza y horas perdidas.

Por otro lado monte el sistema de auto nivelación y aun no he podido probarlo, pero podían crear un fichero de firmware ya modificado para no tener que estar perdiendo el tiempo en eso.

El juego de llaves que trae es una basura, para poner eso mejor no poner nada. El primer tornillo que apreté un poco fuerte las llaves se quedaron K.O.

Finalizando:

De poder hacer un producto de muy buena calidad se quedan a medio camino por cuatro materiales de mala calidad. Una pena.

Señores de geeetech ya se que no me van hacer ni caso pero por favor cambien las varillas de los ejes z.

Gracias y un saludo.
Attachments
bar.JPG
differences?
bar.JPG (31.14 KiB) Viewed 9625 times
41NTAMbDuIL._SL1000_.jpg
This is not the one that the printer brings.Are there
41NTAMbDuIL._SL1000_.jpg (30.07 KiB) Viewed 9626 times
Last edited by fran20172017 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fran20172017

Re: :-( My experience with Geeetech Acrylic 3D Printer Prusa i3 Pro B MK8

Post by fran20172017 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:41 pm

It's finished.

By changing the rods the z axis works perfect.

Those that came with the machine are in the trash.

For geeetech, you owe me:
Two threaded rods
Two clamping shafts
Two shaft adapters
One motor driver

And many hours of suffering :oops: . The latter is priceless.

William
Site Admin

Re: :-( My experience with Geeetech Acrylic 3D Printer Prusa i3 Pro B Solution Z axis

Post by William » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:10 am

IF there are any issues of missing objects,you can contact to the seller. I hope you will have a good printing experience.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

fran20172017

Re: :-( My experience with Geeetech Acrylic 3D Printer Prusa i3 Pro B Solution Z axis

Post by fran20172017 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:02 am

I comment:

The threaded rods were and have been replaced by those that can be seen in the photo.

The reason is very simple, the ones that come from the factory are crooked, but not only those of my printer, all those that send to everybody if they are like those are the same. They are not perfectly straight and shaft is not working properly.

That type of threaded rod is not made to handle an axial axis.
This is so, I know it and you too, do not admit it.

On the other hand the motor controller, was also but not working properly since the reference voltage could not be adjusted.

I changed it for a new one and surprise ... it worked correctly.

I do not know that I'm going to ask the seller to supply the printer .. well, nothing.

I agree with myself:
You are right, in the next printers we will correct the error of the threaded rod.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:10 am

For some problems, such as a threaded rod bend, you can reassemble it and move it to the right position, or bend it straight, as if it were damaged during transport.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!