Geeetech Prusa I3 A Pro control box issue...

Joemac2013

Geeetech Prusa I3 A Pro control box issue...

Post by Joemac2013 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:10 pm

I just assembled my second I3 A Pro printer! The mechanical assembly went very well! It was the second one for me.
When it came to testing,,, well it did not work... the x, and y steppers were going backwards and z was clicking away!
Good thing the box has the emergency stop button! Well since I had a the first unit running, I swapped control boxes and the second set of mechanics came alive! So it was the box! I researched on the forum and found to upload the firmware was a good idea. To do this requires the Arduino IDE. I tried on four PCs, windows 10, Windows 7, many hours of trying this and that,,, always the same compile error... OK after much consideration it was determined that a file was missing from the
Library of the Arduino! Somehow the sketch calls a file that is not included in the basic Arduino installation. Unit8.h something.... it's on this forum somewhere,,, like page 7 of how to install firmware for 2650....
Anyway after extracting that file into the Library of the Arduino Installation, it worked! I was able to compile the code and then upload it to the broken box! And it works just like the other one now! I am so happy now! But it may take awhile to quit being mad as I've been fighting this for two days! If you know what I mean?? Anyway I learned a lot of new stuff that will come in handy later, assuming this old brain will remember it! I have a third unit coming that I want to make a video of the assembly and "bringing up" of the system. I really like the mechanical aspects of this 3d printer, it is very fun to build.

Don't forget to add Unit8

William
Site Admin

Re: Geeetech Prusa I3 A Pro control box issue...

Post by William » Tue May 09, 2017 2:16 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience of opening box and the solution. :D
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!