Acrylic Prusa i3 Pro B build

russellz

Acrylic Prusa i3 Pro B build

Post by russellz » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:44 am

Hi all.
I received my i3 Pro B kit a week ago and have now completed the build, all 500 + parts. I thought I would note a few, mostly minor, issues so that they can be corrected for future deliveries:

On page 19 of the instructions we are told to fit the Y-motor holder to the two rear plates with 16 mm screws. They need to be 20 mm to go through two 8 mm plates and fix the holder.

The two smooth rods for the X-axis will not fit in the holes in the metal end brackets. The holes are under-size. I opened them up with a smooth rat-tail file to get a good fit. Don't make the holes too big!

On page 41 we are told to use a 30 mm screw as the end stop trigger for the Z-axis and it is pictured like that. Don't do this, if you do and you try homing the z axis the extruder nozzle will crash into the glass build plate - not good! The user guide refers to it as a 50 mm screw but there isn't one supplied and I couldn't source one locally. I found that a good solution is to insert a 40 mm screw (some are supplied) from underneath and locked with a nut from the top.

We are told that the control board comes with firmware installed but, as has been reported before it is wrong and the X-axis moves the wrong way. Isn't it about time that the correct firmware was pre-installed?

My only other problem was a faulty extruder which I hope Geeetech will sort out with a spare part.

Russell