Endstop wiring

Tattered

Endstop wiring

Post by Tattered » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am hoping to attach a 3 pin and a 4 pin end stop to my prusa i3 PRO B, but the GT2560 only has 2 pins for the end stop connections. Is there an adaption for this?

William
Site Admin

Re: Endstop wiring

Post by William » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:13 am

Tattered wrote:Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am hoping to attach a 3 pin and a 4 pin end stop to my prusa i3 PRO B, but the GT2560 only has 2 pins for the end stop connections. Is there an adaption for this?
Hi,
You can only connect the signal pin and the GND pin with Dupont lines to have a try.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Tattered

Post by Tattered » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:51 am

thank you. I now have some more detail. I haven't been happy with the mechanical endstop on my z axis. I have a metal sensor I would like to use. I would like to use the led on the sensor. I don't know much about electronics but researching this I have learnt a little. There are 3 points behind the plug, the third is 5v, there is also a 5 volt point on the board. This I think is my problem as the sensor is 10-30vdc, with some trial and error I have found that when it is connected to power the LED blinks constantly and I cant get the sensor to work. I previously though that the printer was 12-24v so I thought this was the right sensor. As I have just connected the wires to small connectors to fit on the pins I was able to run the power to the PWM-fan, using this theory is there somewhere I can take 10v from?

+

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:26 pm

Haven't heard about some modifications like yours...But i'm thinking,your sensor's operating voltage is 10-30V,how you get the voltage?An external power supply?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Tattered

Post by Tattered » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:57 pm

Its just a normal sensor, just the wrong type i guess. Am i able to run it through this board without an external power supply?

Toy
Site Admin

Post by Toy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:24 am

Hi,
I don't know what's your endstop like, but the voltage of the fan and heat sockets is 12V, maybe you can use this power? I'm not sure...

Tattered

Post by Tattered » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:35 am

fantastic, thank you.