Delta_carriage_offset issue

btallis

Delta_carriage_offset issue

Post by btallis » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:32 pm

Hello All-

I have finished building my G2S and am at the point where you move the print head to points 2, 3, and 4 and level those points. That worked great.
Then, the next step is to move back to point 1, zero the Z, and if the print head is above or below Z0, it determines if the surface is convex or concave. You then edit the Configuration.h file, and edit the line:
#define DELTA_ (DELTA_SMOOTH_ROD_OFFSET-DELTA_EFFECTOR_OFFSET-DELTA_CARRIAGE_OFFSET+1)

Mine was a "convex" result, so I changed the offset from +1 to a +0. I uploaded the firmware, and the result did absolutely nothing. Same result. So, I changed it multiple times... I tried a -1, -2, +2, +5, etc. Nothing seemed to effect the result. No matter what I did, the print head always touched the surface at Z1.8

Any ideas on what I should do?

Thank you.

Brad

William
Site Admin

Re: Delta_carriage_offset issue

Post by William » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:19 pm

btallis wrote:Hello All-

I have finished building my G2S and am at the point where you move the print head to points 2, 3, and 4 and level those points. That worked great.
Then, the next step is to move back to point 1, zero the Z, and if the print head is above or below Z0, it determines if the surface is convex or concave. You then edit the Configuration.h file, and edit the line:
#define DELTA_ (DELTA_SMOOTH_ROD_OFFSET-DELTA_EFFECTOR_OFFSET-DELTA_CARRIAGE_OFFSET+1)

Mine was a "convex" result, so I changed the offset from +1 to a +0. I uploaded the firmware, and the result did absolutely nothing. Same result. So, I changed it multiple times... I tried a -1, -2, +2, +5, etc. Nothing seemed to effect the result. No matter what I did, the print head always touched the surface at Z1.8

Any ideas on what I should do?

Thank you.

Brad
Hi,
Could you tell me how everything goes when you modify the parameter?
Here is my step:
Firstly,disconnect the printer and repetier host.
Then modify the parameter and upload the firmware.
Finally re-open repetier host and connect the printer to it,and home all axes then move to Z0 to see if it makes some difference.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!