Z motors/Axies problem (I3 pro C)

lezabour

Z motors/Axies problem (I3 pro C)

Post by lezabour » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:45 pm

HI,

I just finish to build the Geeetech Prusa I3 Pro C, with dual extruder.
This is my first 3d printer.

I have connected it, and when try to calibrate i have a problem. X and Y axies (plate and extruder) are OK and moving good.
But the Z axies (go up and down) doesn't move the right way.

The bar seams to be block and can really turn. It make the printer make an awfull noise, like if something is block.

I tryed to turn manually the Z motor, and it seams hard, since the bar rods (not the smooth one, the others one) are not turning good

Any one has a solutoin for this problem?
I tryed to lubricate, but doesn't really change it.

Thanks for help

William
Site Admin

Re: Z motors/Axies problem (I3 pro C)

Post by William » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:32 am

lezabour wrote:HI,

I just finish to build the Geeetech Prusa I3 Pro C, with dual extruder.
This is my first 3d printer.

I have connected it, and when try to calibrate i have a problem. X and Y axies (plate and extruder) are OK and moving good.
But the Z axies (go up and down) doesn't move the right way.

The bar seams to be block and can really turn. It make the printer make an awfull noise, like if something is block.

I tryed to turn manually the Z motor, and it seams hard, since the bar rods (not the smooth one, the others one) are not turning good

Any one has a solutoin for this problem?
I tryed to lubricate, but doesn't really change it.

Thanks for help
Hi,
Does it move to the right direction when pressed "HOME ALL AXISES"?Attach a video if possible.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

lezabour

Post by lezabour » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:06 pm

Hey

Thanks for your answer
Problem is not the "right direction" but more, "moving is a problem" ;)
here is a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH8Eo8Ky28E

As you can see, first 2 moves of X and Y axies are OK (need still some setup for min and max, but moving is OK)
but for Z axes, you can see how it moves and block, and make an awful noise, and block ;(

thanks for your help

lezabour

Post by lezabour » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:07 pm

Hey

Thanks for your answer
here is a video.

As you can see, first 2 moves of X and Y axies are OK (need still some setup for min and max, but moving is OK)
but for Z axes, you can see how it moves and block, and make an awful noise, and block ;(

thanks for your help

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:53 pm

lezabour wrote:Hey

Thanks for your answer
here is a video.

thanks for your help
Sorry,i have no acess to your video.And i guess your two sides are not staying in a straight line,which would cause a noise.So double check it.
1.png
1.png (418.2 KiB) Viewed 11670 times
Regards

linkvirtual

Post by linkvirtual » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:38 pm

Hi there,
I have also the same problem with my new Aluminium frame Pro I3 printer.

William Kwok mentioned mentioned that the cause would be the Z axes (vertical threaded and smooth rods)on the 2 sides are not parallel.
But this DOES not make sense as the frame and supports (top and bottom) plates SHOULD, by design, ensure the axes parallel. Two possible causes I could see are
1) One of the threaded rod are not quite straight (slightly bent)
2) The thread are imperfect in some spots on the rod

Either would cause the horizontal the extruder supports move unevenly, that is faster one one side than the other. This eventually cause the support skews and stuck, hence the noise you are getting
I am disappointed that this common problem has not addressed by Geetech. This is really NOT that hard but rather a QUALITY CONTROL issue that Geetech should have sorted out

A) For imperfection of threads on rod, Geetech SHOULD ensure, through testing in production, that all rod be tested and sand-papered so that they are good (perfect) before ship to customer
B) In production, all thread rod should be checked to ENSURE they are DEADLY straight. And when shipping to customer, they should be packaged in some holders to prevent bending during transit.

How hard could this be implemented??? Geetech printers have good parts but it is these SILLY issues that turn customer away.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:28 pm

linkvirtual wrote:Hi there,
I have also the same problem with my new Aluminium frame Pro I3 printer.

William Kwok mentioned mentioned that the cause would be the Z axes (vertical threaded and smooth rods)on the 2 sides are not parallel.
But this DOES not make sense as the frame and supports (top and bottom) plates SHOULD, by design, ensure the axes parallel. Two possible causes I could see are
1) One of the threaded rod are not quite straight (slightly bent)
2) The thread are imperfect in some spots on the rod

Either would cause the horizontal the extruder supports move unevenly, that is faster one one side than the other. This eventually cause the support skews and stuck, hence the noise you are getting
I am disappointed that this common problem has not addressed by Geetech. This is really NOT that hard but rather a QUALITY CONTROL issue that Geetech should have sorted out

A) For imperfection of threads on rod, Geetech SHOULD ensure, through testing in production, that all rod be tested and sand-papered so that they are good (perfect) before ship to customer
B) In production, all thread rod should be checked to ENSURE they are DEADLY straight. And when shipping to customer, they should be packaged in some holders to prevent bending during transit.

How hard could this be implemented??? Geetech printers have good parts but it is these SILLY issues that turn customer away.
Hi,
Thanks for your advice,we're making some improvements now.
Regards