How to compile a working version of the Geeetech a30m firmware with IAR?

Marmotte

How to compile a working version of the Geeetech a30m firmware with IAR?

Post by Marmotte » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:59 pm

I have a lot of issue trying to compile a working version the firmware for the Geeetech a30m with IAR.

I have followed all tutorial I could found and I still have no success.

I successfully compiled the firmware with IAR workbench, Uploaded it to the 3d printer but once the 3d printer is ready, it make an awfull noise from every step motor.

Here's my procedure:

- I previously installed IAR Embedded Workbench IDE - ARM 8.42.2 and the Geeetech firmware update tool.
- Then I have cloned the firmware source code project from this repository https://github.com/Geeetech3D/Smartto-IAR
- I checked out the branch master.
- I opened the project with IAR Embedded Workbench IDE.
- Once the projet is open, I select the workspace for the Geeetech A30M.
- Since it look like switching worspace does nothing at all, probably because some project files are missing in the repository, I have removed the Configuration_GTM32_PRO_A30S.h from the User folder inside IAR and I added the Configuration_GTM32_Pro_A30M.h and to make sure to avoid conflict, I removed all other configuration file since I only have a A30M and doesn't need the other configuration file.
- I also added the missing core files into the STM32F10x_Core folder found at C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.4\arm\src\flashloader\NXP\FlashQN9080\chip_qn908x\cmsis
- I uncommented the line in the file User/Configuration_Select_printer.h #define BOARD_A30M_Pro_S
- I also removed all condition and other include and kept only #include "Configuration_GTM32_Pro_A30M.h" from the file User\XZK_Configuration.h to avoid problems
- I also found an incorrect include in User/usart1.c which I replaced with #include "Configuration_GTM32_PRO_A30M.h"

It still not working. Anyone have any clue? It's like the configuration for the step motor are wrong somewhere. My next step is to begin to read all the code en start to rewrite some part of it or buy a new controller with a correctly working compilable firmware like Duet2.

Marmotte

Re: How to compile a working version of the Geeetech a30m firmware with IAR?

Post by Marmotte » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:07 pm

Even Marlin doesn't support this board. Don't buy a A30M. It's really poorly documented, no information, take months to get answer from any Geeetech department.

I'm trying to save the motherboard because the slave board doesn't work anymore after only one month and it's impossible to make it boot, even with an ST programmer. I contacted geeetech, no answer.

Save your money and buy something else then Geeetech.

PGVisser

Re: How to compile a working version of the Geeetech a30m firmware with IAR?

Post by PGVisser » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:47 am

Same shit here. I can't get it work too