Marlin 1.1.9 on Geeetech i3 clone

macca448

Marlin 1.1.9 on Geeetech i3 clone

Post by macca448 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:09 am

I've just installed 1.1.9 Marlin on my i3 Pro X (it's attached) and it seems to be working very well. Transferred core settings from Geeetech release build 1.0.2 so no tweaks to speak of per say. I've also added the Geeetech (passive) Filament Detector which is enabled in the attached code. If you upgrade from old code you will need to install the latest Arduino IDE to use this firmware.

UPDATE: 22/09/19 Too many false positives running a passive switch for filament run-out. I've made a mod for Opto isolation and posted it here viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69293 The download has been updated to suit my active Dector which is to say the logic has been set to "#define FIL_RUNOUT_INVERTING true" on line 932 of Configuration.h. The default is "false"

Marlin-1.1.9_ProX.zip
(3.72 MiB) Downloaded 621 times

My configuration
Geeetech i3 Pro X
Controller is a Geeetech GT2560 Rev A+ (This is defined in the Configuration.h file line 134)
SD CARD Support (This is defined in the Configuration.h file line 1428)
LCD2004 which is known and defined as REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER (see Configuration.h file line 1531)
Geeetech Filament Detector (https://www.geeetech.com/geeetech-filam ... -1043.html)

I use Repetier Host slicer V2.1.6 with pretty much default settings

Notes and Cautions

#1 The offsets I've used in the firmware suit my machine and you will need to verify your's as they differ machine to machine. I also had to match these offsets in the Printer config (screen grab attached) so that manual control works correctly after homing. See line 885 Configuration.h

#2 To get a better belt alignment on the "Y" axis I flipped the stepper meaning I had to reverse the stepper direction so check your motor direction carefully. See line 850 Configuration.h

#3 (This is UPDATED) The mod I followed that makes for an easy active filament detector upgrade is here http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 66&t=60915
As seems to be common I have set PIN 24 to be this function which is the "X-MAX" end-point connector. If you want to undo this the instructions I followed are here <https://github.com/arunoda/marlin/commi ... 708706ebec>

I do intend on adding at some point in the future the 3DTouch Auto Leveling feature and will update this once its working.

Cheers
Ralph

printer_settings.png
printer_settings.png (22.04 KiB) Viewed 11099 times
Last edited by macca448 on Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 10 times in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: Marlin 1.1.9 on Geeetech i3 clone

Post by William » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:14 am

:D Thanks for your share.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

macca448

Post by macca448 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:21 am

No problems! :)
One of the ways I got up and running initially was researching all the threads in here and putting it all together so I figure I should give back to help others.

One thing I forgot to add was I set the hot end to PID calibration and the heated bed to bang-bang. It seems faster to heat and reading the Marlin threads here and there its recommended to set it up like this.

Cheers

malaru

Post by malaru » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Hello macca,

thanks for sharing your build. I was trying to port 1.1.9 to i3 Pro X myself before but failed ultimately.
Sadly, I seem to have similar problems with your version. My SD card is not recognised correctly by the printer. It knows there is a SD card connected, but shows its contents as empty.
Did you (or anyone else here) have similar problems and know of a solution perhaps?

thanks, malaru

macca448

Post by macca448 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:47 pm

I had that exact problem malaru and it was the SD card itself. I swapped to a different card and it was all fine. The firmware doesn't recognize the latest Ultra cards. Just get a cheap small standard SDHC card.

Have you tried a different card?

You also need to make sure the format is correct (FAT32) which is usually the default when you format under windows.

Its important to get the SD working as its the best way for long prints.

Cheers

didek

Post by didek » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:40 pm

Marlin Pro software works well with the GreeeTech i3 Pro X 3D Printer. If you are a beginner and facing many issues regarding printing best essay then you can use Marlin Pro software which can provide you automatic settings.