Newly updated Firmware V1.0.5 for Prusa I3 M201

certeza

Re: Newly updated Firmware V1.0.3 for Prusa I3 M201

Post by certeza » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:47 am

Hello, when can we expect the new firmware for the M201 with the bugs fixed?
Please respect us, the clients that bought your product.

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:01 pm

the latest firmware is still under testing, when we come back from the chinese new year holiday we'll upload it asap.

Malaka

Post by Malaka » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:04 am

I've updated to V1.0.3 firmware and haven't noticed any issues. I've had the LCD glitch out a couple times but it seems to fix itself overtime. New firmware has fixed the timeout/pauses during printing. Any bad prints have been due to errors in g-code. Hope for new firmware soon for better performance.

ric chin

Post by ric chin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:45 am

Is that new firmware ready yet?

the firmware from the 25th of dec is whats been used so obviously it has a problem...you coulda just said that instead of having me chasing false leads...

arakna

Post by arakna » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi
Now new GST32 card and drivers are in mail office ready to pick. It take post only under two weeks even there was newyear.
That is one reason why i like Geeetech is logictics, high quality product´s, good after sale.
But how we are come in this point. I don´t see any sense to put new card to working after there is new firmware. I don´t wont start struggle again .
I don´t also like that you been poke that Repetier Host and gcode to take lots usefull and trust commands away in GST32 firmware. This is make me insecure with M201.

I have one suggestion. You take one random M201 kit and GST32 card in stock and build it by you own instruction and make proper assembly manual. Also try it with ABS and PLA. Print large object over 1 000 000 gcode lines, test it. You are selling high quality 3Dprinter with some lower-valued parts why?
It is not help us at all if you are now change supplier.

I think i bougth quality 3Dprinter. Now we have to change aluminium plate, some bearings, z-axel rod etc. They all cost extra. Not nice . I think to convert that M201 printer to ordinary two extruder printer if i have to fight with it any more. Even it costs some extra.

I know how hart is make new product, get it work, make manuals. But you have to listen us.
We all who are bougth M201 want to get it working. This what we are writing and telling we aren´t try to offend or underestimated you.
In that day when 3Dprinter M201 working we can attend to do some real work instead always repaire printer or wroting in wall.

BR
A

elocm

Re: Newly updated Firmware V1.0.4 for Prusa I3 M201

Post by elocm » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:11 pm

Running Firmware 1.0.3 on my M201 as described in the LCD display. Maybe it is 1.0.4. Haven't touch it.

I can confirm that SD-Card printing still does not work reliable. The same g-code file woarks fine when printing from PC but fail (stops somewhere in the middle) when printing from SD_Card. The behavior is the same on several cards and also independent if you use the large on in the LCD or the small one on the board. Please fix it, because this is an important feature.
Last edited by elocm on Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:44 pm

how about the 1.0.4? have you tried it?

arakna

Post by arakna » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi (02/18, 10:00 +2 GMT)

I put timestamp because last comment i post last monday mornig and take two days to public it)

I been tested firmware v. 1.0.4 with new GST32 3 differend print. First one was to test all functios, it work to end all 24 minute
Second one crash computer halt and now i got error code from comport what RH(Repetier Host) and M201 use to communicate. I know there is differend COM port what was in last GST32 . I have new version Repetier host maybe or not reason is in there. Sometimes manual control stops work between RH and M201
Disconnect and connect again helps in that problem.

Third print was 40 000 lines 11mm high 80mm wide 110mm long 3.5" hardisk case take 2h 47m printing time. 85/15 mixing
Before start i level bed. But in start Z level is change. I have to stop printing at start and reset all . Start Repetier again and swicth power off from M201.
Level again all 4 corner, i use 0.1 mm blade to level bed. Start again. Hotend in 253C as it should be bed is 110C as i been adjust is.
M201 go home position and start looking Z position. 3 or 4 times up and down. While thingking. Moving to start of object and Halt. Totally stop.
I press stop and disconnect and connect again,try put heaters on. In RH com port not found. Settings are rigth. Take USB off in computer RH is stop working.
Reset M201 start RH again. Com port find. Check levelling .

Start printing again. M201 start, homing, looking Z few times, M201 start print and don´t stop. Print all 2h47m printing time nicely. Color is steady, surface is nice an smooth. No clogging or extruder extra noise.
Bearings are make squek and broom souds. I lubricate them but take while and noise start again. I must start use earplugs or change bearings.

There is still something in Z homing. Also in communication betwee RH and GST32.

SD card don´t work. I place new cables. Try few different SD card.

Now temparature correction is only -4C. Printers hotend and bed temperatures show now +15C in a room temperature.
Updates are going forward and this is only third update in new software.

How hart is put in firmware gcode to chance mixer values .
Example gcode Mnnn E0 S50 mixing E0 to 50% no need to adjust E1 because it now automaticly goes 50%.

BR
A

elocm

Post by elocm » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:30 pm

I just updated 1.0.4 this morning and got quite good results so far.

First thing: I assume you have to unplug all heating connectors because during the update all heating seem to be ON without limit. I Smell it and just unplugged the connectors. Also the FOUR transistors for the heating elements got quite warm.

Therefore: If you do the update be prepared and hurry up.

The procedure itself was straight forward and when you don't mess around with the connection it should be OK. Updated through a Windows 7 64bit.

My largest concern was the "stopping in the middle function" when printing from SD-Card. This seems hopefully fixed. Since 3h the printer is running without any problems. Another 4h to go with the model.

The bad thing is (but clear, if you think about it) that you loose all your settings regarding acceleration and so on. Would be great, if geeetech could give some guidelines for the parameters. For me, for example the acceleration is not possible with the M201 delivered drivers and steppers.I had to reduce this to get non sliding axis.

Next will be the communication with repetier host. I saw the previous post and be prepared...

elocm

Post by elocm » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:42 pm

SD-Card Printing stopped as before. This time at 95% after 7h :twisted:

So there still seems to be some problems. Looks like some problems fixed but not all. If someone need the gcode, I can post it here.

The test with the Repitir host did well so far. Same object printed fine and the hosts software did show progress quite reasonable.