No Extruder when printing

ChrisP28

No Extruder when printing

Post by ChrisP28 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:39 am

I have a Geeetech Delta G2S Pro built from a kit. All the bits work as expected including the extruders (2off) in the manual mode. I've used Slic3 Pruser in Repatier Host to produce the print code. The printer warms up and goes through all the printing moves but the extruder doesn't lay down any material. The hot end is at the correct temperature but the stepper motor doesn't push any filament through.
Thanks.

William
Site Admin

Re: No Extruder when printing

Post by William » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:02 pm

Have you tried to swap the MOTOR DRIVER board(A4988) of X-axis and Y axis?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

ChrisP28

Post by ChrisP28 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 am

Hi William
No I haven't changed any of the wiring as the extruder works fine when in manual control. The only time it doesn't work is when the machine is actually printing a sliced print. I thought I may be missing a line of code enabling the extruder at the start but I can't find one. The extruder works if I send G1 E100 from Repatier or click on the extruder manual button on the Repatier screen.
Hope this helps

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:25 am

I think you should download a profile file---E180 from the forum and then test and print

ChrisP28

Post by ChrisP28 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:05 am

Hi
Where can I find the profile file you mentioned?
I have tried running single lines copied from the G code file
G1 E0.10000 F900.00000
I had expected this to extrude a positive amount of filament, but it actually retracted the filament by approx 10mm. I'm thinking that something in the code is retracting the filament at the start of the print code and then the filament is too far back to reach the hot end. I have messed with the retraction value in the Slicer but even setting it to 0.1 has no effect. Does it need to be reset somewhere else?
I've never been able to set the board value in the marlin to the value I would have expected It's a GT2560 board so I would have expected a 33 or 34 board code but it only seems to work with the display etc. with the setting set to 7 the ultimate board. Would this cause the problems I'm experiencing? The hot end fan doesn't work either.

derfriese84

Post by derfriese84 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:17 am

Hello,

I had the same problem. If you changed some parameters in the marlin firmware, you had to upload it on you 3D printer again. After that you have to go into the menu of your printer to the point "settings". In the settings you have to choose "filament", there you deactivate the "E in mm³". After you deactivated it, go back to the settings and choose "Save in EEPROM". After that it should work and the extruder pushes out the filament, even during the print again.

Best regards
derfriese84

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:43 am

ChrisP28 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:05 am
Hi
Where can I find the profile file you mentioned?
I have tried running single lines copied from the G code file
G1 E0.10000 F900.00000
I had expected this to extrude a positive amount of filament, but it actually retracted the filament by approx 10mm. I'm thinking that something in the code is retracting the filament at the start of the print code and then the filament is too far back to reach the hot end. I have messed with the retraction value in the Slicer but even setting it to 0.1 has no effect. Does it need to be reset somewhere else?
I've never been able to set the board value in the marlin to the value I would have expected It's a GT2560 board so I would have expected a 33 or 34 board code but it only seems to work with the display etc. with the setting set to 7 the ultimate board. Would this cause the problems I'm experiencing? The hot end fan doesn't work either.
G2s-fun.rar
(1.6 KiB) Downloaded 448 times

derfriese84

Post by derfriese84 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Hello,

you have to download the firmware directly from the Geeetech Wiki Page. Then you can open the Marlin.ino file with Arduino. After that you go to configuration.h. In the configuration.h you can change the manual_z value for homing, the name of the printer and the language e.g.. The board, the Z-probe settings and other settings should fit if you download it from Geeetech directly. Then you have to upload the firmware on the Geeetech G2S printer. But be careful, before compiling be sure the boardloader of the Arduino IDE has the Version 1.6.9. Otherwise you will get an compiling error. After you uploaded the the firmware succesfully, go to the menu point "settings" directly in the printer over the LCD display. Then you got to "filament" and deactivate the filament controll with the diameter. That done you switch back to the settings again and push "Save in EEPROM" After that the extruder should work and hotends should heat and the extruders should manually turn with Repitier Host and even during the print.
If the printer pulls the filament back at the beginning, you could try to change the start G-Code for example:
G28; homing axes
T0; Choosing extruder one
G1 E10; Extrud 10mm Filament

Or you can try to use a few more skirt lines before printing. In Simplify 3D you can choose the point "retraction after tool change" If you activated it, the filament is also pulled in by the value you chose e.g. 10mm.

Hope I could help.
Best regards
derfriese84

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:40 pm

Thanks for your feedback!

ChrisP28

Post by ChrisP28 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:41 am

[quote=derfriese84 post_id=82378 time=1517422635 user_id=63733]
Hello,

I had the same problem. If you changed some parameters in the marlin firmware, you had to upload it on you 3D printer again. After that you have to go into the menu of your printer to the point "settings". In the settings you have to choose "filament", there you deactivate the "E in mm³". After you deactivated it, go back to the settings and choose "Save in EEPROM". After that it should work and the extruder pushes out the filament, even during the print again.

Best regards
derfriese84
[/quote]

Hi derfriese84

I've done as you suggested and presto it prints....
Thanks so much for your help. I've deactivated the filament in the settings on the printer display and the printer is working ok. I've had to re calibrate it and put a multiplying factor of 1.1 on the extruder but its doing ok.
I still have a problem with the hot end fan not working and the auto bed levelling needs some work but thanks to you the printer is no longer junk on the bench.
I'm going to put the bed levelling and fan problems on another topic.
Thanks to everyone that took the time to help me it is fully appreciated. Thank you all.
ChrisP28