Extruder always get clogged after a few min

Peeksy

Extruder always get clogged after a few min

Post by Peeksy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:19 pm

I got a Prusa I3 Alu kit and successfully assembled it but I have several issues preventing me from printing
most important, the extruder always get clogged after a few minutes. Inside the metal tube where the heater block sits is a narrowing (where the white plastic insert ends). The filament melts at that point and forms a clump which blocks movements and prevents it from forwarding and retracting (extruder motor turns fine but then blocks and then eventually the cogwheel doesn't grip anymore and slides over the filament without forwarding/retracting). Once clogged one can even remove the blockage with the provided needle. I can't print anything because no filament is delivered to the nozzle because of that. I already tried different extruder temp., removing the white tube insert etc but couldn't solve that problem. To me this seems to be a construction issue of the extruder. What can I do?

William
Site Admin

Re: Extruder always get clogged after a few min

Post by William » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:09 pm

Which product?
Are you buying PLA filament supplies from Geeetech? If the temperature is set not unreasonable will cause the same issue.I need get more details via watch the video of this issue.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!