Mecreator 2

Southpolezero

Mecreator 2

Post by Southpolezero » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:09 am

Hey! When i start a print, and the Temperature goes higher then 175, the extruder is starting dropping so much Filament by itself at the homeposition between the nozzle and the bed (before he Starts to build). Or sometimes 2 lines of Filament come out of the nozzle and making a O-form hanging down of the nozzle. Pls help

William
Site Admin

Re: Mecreator 2

Post by William » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:43 am

Hi,could you take a video about your actual case as much more detail as possible? It will be more clearer and easier to find the key point.You can upload the video to Youtube or something like that,then just send the video link in this post.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

appswert

Re: Mecreator 2

Post by appswert » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:59 pm

Southpolezero wrote:Hey! When i start a print, and the Temperature goes higher then 175, the extruder is starting dropping so much Filament by itself at the homeposition between the nozzle and the bed (before he Starts to build). Or sometimes 2 lines of Filament come out of the nozzle and making a O-form hanging down of the nozzle. Pls help
First of all I'm not working for Geeetech so you shouldn't consider this as an "officiall" answer!

I think that the behavior you decribe could be kind of normal... What happens is called nozzle oozing and it happens because there is nothing to stop the heated plastic in the nozzle to leave the extruder. As long as this only happens when you are preheating the extruder I think you can consider this as normal. The bigger problem is that this also occurs if you are printing, for example two towers, and the extruder/nozzle has to move from one tower to the other one and is constantly losing fillament in between. This lets something called stringing occur:
Maker's Muse has a gerat video regarding this problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZTBSJAswbs
Short summary: The extruder motor is retracting fillament out of the nozzle and by that reduces preassure on the molten plastic which nearly stops the fillament from leaving the nozzle. Surprise Surprise: those settings are called retraction settings :D

Maybe you should see the oozing before the print as a good sign (as long there is not too much plastic leaving the nozzle) which shows that the fillament is already inside the nozzle...
This way you don't have to wait ages before the printer starts outputting plastic and aviod that is does something like the brim without actually laying down plastic at the bed.
Some slicers like Cura prime the nozzle before the first print, maybe you are seeing this. Normaly this "O-form hanging down of the nozzle" normaly gets stuck on the printbed right before the brim starts.

Maybe it's not a bug, it's a feature ;)

appswert