Extruder overheating i3 pro b

Vinnie.of

Extruder overheating i3 pro b

Post by Vinnie.of » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:10 am

I have recently purchased a geeetech i3 pro b printer, and I have noticed that whenever I try to heat the extruder for a print, it over heats the set temperature and then comes with the error message maxtemp, when it hits around 260°c. Any help?

Newopint95

Re: Extruder overheating i3 pro b

Post by Newopint95 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:22 pm

have you been able to get it to reach a temp setpoint without overheating? it would seem that there is something wrong with the firmware that controls the hot end heater. have you tried reflashing thr firmware?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:23 am

Hi,maybe you should check the wiring of thermistors.Here is a related post which you can refer to:viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17030.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

OkDi

Post by OkDi » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:07 am

Hi there,

I have a related problem but, it behaves different a bit:

my Geeetech Prusa i3 b clone prints happily until a strange effect happens, all of a sudden, out of nothing:
the temperature drops from its regular printing temperature, then starts heating continuously (red led light from hotend heater is solid, NO blinking). Eventhough the heating temp indicator continues dropping - in the printers display AND the PC program.
If I see this in time, I can stop heating by manual control. After stopping the heating manually, 1 second later the temperture is showed correctly again. Often it is way beyond the preset temperature after resuming. If it is below 268°C I'm lucky. If not I get an Overtemp Error at 268°C and the printer stops. It must be rebooted then.

It is NOT:
- a problem of wrong wiring (it wouldnt print at all! But I did several nice printouts)
- a problem of the connector on the mainboard (test with open connection and shorted connection has performed correctly)

BUT:
- when I moved the wires coming from the temp sensor then I have significance in the display!

The wires from the temp sensor (and also the heater) do NOT move while printing. They are fixed!

I ran the wires from the sensor in a different way. Since then no issues.

My personal conclusion:
the sensor or its wires close to the sensor are damaged, eventually the sensor itself.
As the sensors are not expensive I ordered a new one to find out if this was the problem.
Waiting for delivery....

What is the conclusion of the experts? Can this be the reason for the problem? Are there known issues with the firmware leading to this issue?

Thank you,
okdi