x axis problem i3 m201

Ade O

x axis problem i3 m201

Post by Ade O » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:17 am

I have an issue with my x axis Im hoping someone can help ive just finished putting together my i3 m201 with gtm32 pro board and a4988 drivers my board came with 3 driver cards in the positions for the extruders where mine is 2 in 1 out and it was missing the x driver card so I replaced the missing driver card but the x axis simply vibrates and the carriage goes no where I swapped that again with the driver card from the y which works fine but still the x just vibrates. I replaced the stepper wires with those from the y motor and it runs smooth so there has to be something wrong somewhere else with the main board I guess. being my first 3d printer build im a nooooob in need. any help I can get would be amazing like the saying goes a noob in need is a noob indeed
thanks
Ade

William
Site Admin

Re: x axis problem i3 m201

Post by William » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:42 am

Hi, did you swap the position of the motor cable port on the motherboard?
If the x-axis can operate normally after the exchange,
There is a problem with the x motor port on the motherboard.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Ade O

Post by Ade O » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:41 am

thanks for replying to me so quickly
sorry if im being dense but how do you mean exactly.
I have swapped the y cable from the y motor and the x motor ran fine whilst being controlled by the that
is there anything that can be done or is it going to mean a new mother board do you think.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi, If the motor wires on the x-axis motor end and the motor wires on the y-axis motor end are exchanged,
If the y-axis motor can run normally, it proves that there is a problem with the y-axis motor line.

For the z-axis, you can remove the z-axis threaded rod to see if the motor itself can run normally.
Determine if it is an installation problem or a motor problem.

Ade O

Post by Ade O » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:21 pm

oh wow it was the same when I swapped the x and y wires over the y began to stutter so it was either the board socket or leads so I whipped out my multi meter ooo err and wouldn't you know my good old analogue meter to the rescue a simple continuity test later showed there was a break somewhere in the blue wire so strip it replace it and wouldn't you know one smooth moving x carriage woooooo hooooo

but you know what is so great about all this yes the x was a problem but the best thing in the world is knowing your there to lend a helping hand when needed so thank you for being there and responding so quickly to my call for help.

now to set up and calibrate for my 1st print

thanks again

Ade O :D

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:09 am

Ade O wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:21 pm
oh wow it was the same when I swapped the x and y wires over the y began to stutter so it was either the board socket or leads so I whipped out my multi meter ooo err and wouldn't you know my good old analogue meter to the rescue a simple continuity test later showed there was a break somewhere in the blue wire so strip it replace it and wouldn't you know one smooth moving x carriage woooooo hooooo

but you know what is so great about all this yes the x was a problem but the best thing in the world is knowing your there to lend a helping hand when needed so thank you for being there and responding so quickly to my call for help.

now to set up and calibrate for my 1st print

thanks again

Ade O :D
:D