Weird behaviour of GEEETech TMC 2208

Vilab

Weird behaviour of GEEETech TMC 2208

Post by Vilab » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:28 pm

Hello,

I ordered and received 4 GEEETEch TMC 2208 for my GEEETech A10.

Installed them the correct way : power off, stepper motor disconneceted, correct direction ( confirmed by pin name and color )...

Powered on, Tweaked the V ref to arround 0.7V ( later between 0.2 and 1.1V : no change ), inverted axis in the firmware

Powered off, reconnected motors, powered on

and the issue is that 2 of the TMC do not send any command to the motor ( those do not even activate ), while the other 2 only send command in one direction ( a -3mm or +3mm will give the same result of +3mm for exemple ) and do not even take into account inversion of direction on the firmware, yet make the motor run smoothly, accurately and quietly.

putting the A4988 back : the printer works nicely

I sent ticket to GEEEtech, but they are late to answer and i would like to be able to print correctly again quickly ( i burned 1A4988 while checking, so i work currently with 3A4988 as X Y Z with 1 stupid 1 direction TMC for E0 to print without retraction => awful )

Do you have any idea how to fix that issue ( changing Vref between 0.2 and 1.1V don't, removing jumper neither... ) ?

Or do you think that the 4/4 TMC are defective ( in 2 different scale !! ) ?

Thx

William
Site Admin

Re: Weird behaviour of GEEETech TMC 2208

Post by William » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 am

Hi,you need to change the driver board and pay attention to the color when the printer is turned off. If using TMC2208, you need to change the running direction at the motor position of the firmware.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!