Faulty printer parts

talex

Faulty printer parts

Post by talex » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:47 pm

I just managed to put together the printer, looks awesome, everything went smoothly, turned it on, LCD comes up, temps show up but then the issues start :(

ISSUE 1, USB Connection:
When I connect the printer to the computer VIA USB, the USB cable started heating up very quickly. I went over the forums and other resources and I have tried:
- Removing the F2 0ohm resistor => still heats up
- Reconnected F2 and connected the board directly to the computer without anything attached to it => I get "device descriptor request failed". I also have some Arduino Nano that also use the CH340 that the GT board uses and those work perfectly fine on the same USB port.
- Tried different USB ports (2.0, 3.0) different cables, same error with everything I try
- With USB 2.0 nothing lights up on the board
- With 3.0 the 2 diodes in the corner D6 and D16 (or whichever is next to it) and ON led next to F2 are green. The Orange L flashes 2 times then stays off.

ISSUE 2, Motor Drivers:
- It looks like only one of the motor drivers work and only in one direction. I tried using Manual Control function of the LCD controller and only the Axis that has the "working" driver installed moves the motor in one direction. If I try to move it in the other direction some random symbols move on the LCD. If I push the LCD button after that it no longer returns to previous menu it just goes empty (weird characters dissapear).
I tried swapping the motor drivers around and motors seem OK. But only the motor that has the working driver does anything (this driver also heats up quite a bit, the others don't).

I didn't test anything else but so far it's not looking great, so what can I do?

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Faulty printer parts

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:39 pm

Hi.

Why do you post identical posts in different sections of the forum :?:

http://geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=69734
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.