A10 motherboard faulty ?

ialohrr

A10 motherboard faulty ?

Post by ialohrr » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:48 am

Hi,

I aquirered an A10 printer, but it does not work.
When I try to power it up the PSU work fine but nothing happens. There Is leds that are lit up on the motherboard and the motherbard fan do turn on but that's all what's happening.

I mean the LCD screen remains off (no backlight, no line, nothing). And when I plug the USB cable to my PC, nothing is detected by it. It's as if I plugged a cable that was connected to nothing.

I double checked every connection but everything is OK.

Is my motherboard faulty? How can I test it ?

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: A10 motherboard faulty ?

Post by _kaktus_ » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:39 am

Hello.
:mrgreen:

Since you have already done a basic survey, you will need a multimeter for further testing. ;)

It would be necessary to check the correct presence of 5V power supply on the controller board and the LCD module.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

ialohrr

Re: A10 motherboard faulty ?

Post by ialohrr » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:38 am

Well it was the plan, I disassembled everything, removed all the connection in preparation for testing except for LCD and power supply, truned the PSU on and, TADMA, the board powered on.... soo a short cut somewhere.

I tried to reconnect every thing one cable at a time to see if one was the faulty one, but none caused a short cut nor the board to not function properly, I reassembled it inside the cover, mking sure it wasn't touching the metal anywhere, and it still worked.

So the problem seems to have been a short cut caused by who knows what...

No I have to understand hy i need to put that much heat not to have jams, but it will be for anther topic ;)