* SOLVED * Huge problem with GT2560 board

gourry

Re: * SOLVED * Huge problem with GT2560 board

Post by gourry » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:34 am

Hello,
I hope that I'm not going out of thread, but looking on the internet this seems to be the only post with useful information.

I am an unlucky owner of a CTC Prusa i3 with the GT2560 board and the Atmega1280. I'm trying to flash a new Marlin version, mostly to change the default step/mm settings but I'm failing since one week.

The board does not appear to have Arduino bootloader (avrdude from USB cannot sync), so I connected it using the ICSP socket (SD card pins).
I tried using an Arduino UNO flashed with the "ArduinoISP" sketch but everything fails because the board is not detected as Atmega1280. In fact avrdude returns the following error:
avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e950f (probably m328p)
avrdude.exe: Expected signature for ATmega2560 is 1E 98 01

Using the -F force option I am able to override and read the current flash and eeprom (that, for what I know, could also be garbage) but, if I try to burn the Arduino bootloader with the -F parameter, I get a write error because the content written does not match the expected one.
Luckily it appears that the write command didn't damage the printer firmware.

Do you have any suggestion on how to proceed?

I suspect that the wrong signature could be related to something that I'm doing wrong and that I am not really interacting with the board... In fact I tried forcing the m2560 board and I was able to dump a bigger flash file with similar contents but much more 0xff bytes in the middle of it.

Thank you,
Marco

edautz

Post by edautz » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:02 am

Marco,

I used a Usbasp as a programmer. How to copy the old hex and flash the bootloader can you find in:
http://geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 0&start=50

I think your error is that you first have the Uno flashed as a programmer or taking the wrong step to burn the bootloader. For flashing the Uno you have to specify in the Arduino IDE to flash an Arduino Uno and not an Atmega 1280. That explains possible your device signature error. The Uno contains a 328p AVR. I think you can find enough examples with Google how to flash your Uno as a programmer.

After that you use the Uno as a programmer, like I did with the Usbasp and follow my steps, except the connections of a Uno to the Atmegaboard are different.

To burn the bootloader you have to issue within the Arduino Ide, with the Atmega 1280 configured in the IDE:

4: Burn bootloader.
a: Using Arduino IDE -> Programmer (I suppose) Arduino Uno, then Burn bootloader.

After that you can burn a new Marlin version. If the bootloader is burned correct, you can burn Marlin using the normal IDE burning method without the programmer using a direct USB connection from your PC/mac to the printer. I am using 1.1.3 right now. You have to configure it properly.

Good luck,

Edautz

boothbenny25

Post by boothbenny25 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:28 am

Edautz

Just got back on the printer game bootloader done but for the life of me i can not enable autobed leveling without running out of mem when compling any chance you can post up your config.h for marlin 1.1.3 please forgot to am using an inductive sensor

edautz

Post by edautz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:36 am

boothbenny25,

You can find my configuration here:

http://geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... &start=240

Beware it is of a 3D Touch sensor, not a inductive one.

bigbbdriver

Post by bigbbdriver » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:06 am

Hi all
I have the same problemish!
Upgraded my i3 pro b to a 2650 A+ board and 3d touch .

Had trouble sorting out Marlin to start with, but go it going good, I had to do an adjustment in configuration.h and tried to upload it, got a upload error, now my communication led is permanently flashing and this locks the stepper motors, also my LCD display shows 2 lines with no other info displayed!.

Is there a way to reset the board back to factory settings or delete old firmware?

Any ideas???

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:34 am

Hello, you can re-upload the new firmware to overwrite it. :D
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!