Can I use a Dual voltage Heat Bed with a GT2560B control boa

chase

Can I use a Dual voltage Heat Bed with a GT2560B control boa

Post by chase » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:53 am

Hi,

Can I use a Dual voltage [12/24v] Heat Bed with my GT2560 vB control board?

Secondly, it was mentioned in another post that the Y cable for the Z Stepper Motors was not needed on the new control board since on the new board there are two connections/plugs for the Z motors on the board. (I'm not sure off the top of my head which board he was referring to)
My question though, does this hold true for the GT2560 vB control board as well? Are there provisions on the board so I can just plug both Z Stepper Motors in directly without the need for the Y cable?

tia,
- chase -

William
Site Admin

Re: Can I use a Dual voltage Heat Bed with a GT2560B control

Post by William » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:13 pm

chase wrote:Hi,

Can I use a Dual voltage [12/24v] Heat Bed with my GT2560 vB control board?

Secondly, it was mentioned in another post that the Y cable for the Z Stepper Motors was not needed on the new control board since on the new board there are two connections/plugs for the Z motors on the board. (I'm not sure off the top of my head which board he was referring to)
My question though, does this hold true for the GT2560 vB control board as well? Are there provisions on the board so I can just plug both Z Stepper Motors in directly without the need for the Y cable?

tia,
- chase -
Yes,you can the heatbed,then choose the 12V on your heat bed.
And the GT2560 vB has two plugs for Z motor.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

chase

Post by chase » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:51 pm

Hey William,

Thanks for the reply.
Just so I understand, you can only use a 12v heat bed with the GT2560B control board.

I want to upgrade my heat bed, I'd like to take full advantage of the new ones. Like the MK42 dual sided thicker heat bed. And possibly some others I'm looking at.

This animated gif made a believer out of me as to tree advantages of the thicker dual sided boards.
230vs24ani.gif
230vs24ani.gif (481.91 KiB) Viewed 14545 times
Being new to all this, I'm trying to figure it all out.

I see the GT2560B has provisions for either 12v or 24v power input. If I change the power supply to 24v, will I then be able to use a Dual voltage heat he'd to its full potential? (24v)

As for the two plugs on the GT2560B for the Z Stepper Motors. I don't see but one.

On the GT2560A I see two. (see below image)
Newest-control-board-GT2560-Support-Dual-Extruder-Power-Than-ATmega2560-Ultimaker-Ramps.jpg
GT2560 revision A
Newest-control-board-GT2560-Support-Dual-Extruder-Power-Than-ATmega2560-Ultimaker-Ramps.jpg (419.55 KiB) Viewed 14545 times
Could you show me where the second Z Stepper motor plugs in on the below image of the GT2560B?
GT2560.jpg
GT2560.jpg (511.91 KiB) Viewed 14545 times
Thanks

chase

Post by chase » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:33 am

Hey William,

First I want to reiterate, not having an instant post or edit ability in the forums really sucks... and here's a perfect example of why.

After some further searching, I can see the second image of the GT2560 I posted and asked a question on, is not a revision B but rather the original GT2560. In which it doesn't have two Z Stepper motor plugins.

Which, btw, that's the board that was included in my Geeetech i3 Pro B I just bought 4 weeks ago. Looks like someone snuck a old board when packing up my kit.

And before you say it, please, don't tell me to contact the seller, this isn't on the seller, they don't package the kits up. Geeetech does. This is s brand new Acrylic i3 Pro Bkit purchased in the first week of July 2016.

I hope Geeetech will do the right thing and replace the board with the correct one. It's bad enough I bought this one and a week later Geeetech announced the 2016 models with the all metal carriers. Good that they made the upgrade inexpensive, bad that the shipping costs 3 times the price of the upgrade since they haven't stocked the US or Euro warehouses yet.

Anyway... back on topic.
I see why I can't find the second plug for the Z Stepper motor.

And where is this version B of the GT2560 anyway? I've heard about it in the forums...? But only see a revision A.
Google search doesn't show anything for a "B". Any clue what others are taking about?

I would have edited/corrected my previous post but... you know why I couldn't.

Thanks for the help,
- chase -

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:32 pm

chase wrote:Hey William,

First I want to reiterate, not having an instant post or edit ability in the forums really sucks... and here's a perfect example of why.

After some further searching, I can see the second image of the GT2560 I posted and asked a question on, is not a revision B but rather the original GT2560. In which it doesn't have two Z Stepper motor plugins.

Which, btw, that's the board that was included in my Geeetech i3 Pro B I just bought 4 weeks ago. Looks like someone snuck a old board when packing up my kit.

And before you say it, please, don't tell me to contact the seller, this isn't on the seller, they don't package the kits up. Geeetech does. This is s brand new Acrylic i3 Pro Bkit purchased in the first week of July 2016.

I hope Geeetech will do the right thing and replace the board with the correct one. It's bad enough I bought this one and a week later Geeetech announced the 2016 models with the all metal carriers. Good that they made the upgrade inexpensive, bad that the shipping costs 3 times the price of the upgrade since they haven't stocked the US or Euro warehouses yet.

Anyway... back on topic.
I see why I can't find the second plug for the Z Stepper motor.

And where is this version B of the GT2560 anyway? I've heard about it in the forums...? But only see a revision A.
Google search doesn't show anything for a "B". Any clue what others are taking about?

I would have edited/corrected my previous post but... you know why I couldn't.

Thanks for the help,
- chase -
Sorry to hear that...But i wanna know what board you actually received before,GT2560 vB or the original GT2560?Would you mind attaching a picture of the board?
In addition,don't worry plz,if we have confirmed we have a wrong delivery,we'll handle it well for you.

chase

Post by chase » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:09 am

Sorry for the much delayed response William.
I changed my email address in my profile which auto deactivated my account. I had no way to get a hold of a forum Admin not being able to log in.

No one has responded in over a month from Geeetech. Not tech support. Or anyone else for that matter to help with log in issues or the control board issue.

I had to post on YouTube, who gave me Rita to contact. Which she did nothing, till just now. No firmware for this board I have, which tech support let me know was different from the revision A board.

What a way to turn what I thought originally a great experience and a decent product into one of the worst I've seen in purchasing anyone's product.

Unbelievable... Just un Fn believable.

Here's the pic off the wrong packed in my Geeetech i3 Pro B kit purchased July 2nd 2026.

It is not a GT2560 revA as it should be.
Geeetech method of handling the issue...
Close the door and hide in the corner hoping I'd go away apparently. Pretty sad William, pretty freaking sad.
Pixlr_20160802183721664_20160908230712759.jpg
Pixlr_20160802183721664_20160908230712759.jpg (234.71 KiB) Viewed 14483 times

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:43 pm

chase wrote:Sorry for the much delayed response William.
I changed my email address in my profile which auto deactivated my account. I had no way to get a hold of a forum Admin not being able to log in.

No one has responded in over a month from Geeetech. Not tech support. Or anyone else for that matter to help with log in issues or the control board issue.

I had to post on YouTube, who gave me Rita to contact. Which she did nothing, till just now. No firmware for this board I have, which tech support let me know was different from the revision A board.

What a way to turn what I thought originally a great experience and a decent product into one of the worst I've seen in purchasing anyone's product.

Unbelievable... Just un Fn believable.

Here's the pic off the wrong packed in my Geeetech i3 Pro B kit purchased July 2nd 2026.

It is not a GT2560 revA as it should be.
Geeetech method of handling the issue...
Close the door and hide in the corner hoping I'd go away apparently. Pretty sad William, pretty freaking sad.
The attachment Pixlr_20160802183721664_20160908230712759.jpg is no longer available
Hi,Chase
Sorry to hear that you're still troubling by "the wrong board".
I read all your posts again,then i have something to say:
1.The printer you bought is "Geeetech i3 Pro B ( 2015 series)",that is to say,you bought an old ProB model,and the old board comes with the old ProB,so the board isn't a wrong one.And we've upgraded the ProB to a metal version for a long time,i have no idea when the reseller bought the old one and maybe he didn't tell you about this:
IMG_8622.jpg
IMG_8622.jpg (291.8 KiB) Viewed 14111 times
2.As for the difference between the two boards,they're almost same except the Z motor socket and some components,and the two board have the same firmware from here:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17046
Sorry for the inconvenience to you again.BTW,your modified printer is so beautiful.
Have a nice day!
William

chase

Post by chase » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:29 pm

William,

I stated I bought a Geeetech i3 Pro B (2015 version) because Geeetech upgraded the i3 Pro B one (1) after I bought this one. The update from the 2015 which I refer to mine as to the 2016 was on July 9th 2016. I've stated that fact in my posts as well.

The GT2560 revA was included in kits packaged according to Geeetech literature since pre January 01, 2015. Ie included in kits from 2014. The 2015 model which also had other upgrades from the 2014, which the original GT2560 was included in, my kit has. Which means it should have had a GT2560 revA board in it.

Further proof is the dates found in my kit on the labels,
Which show clearly my kit could not have been purchases by the seller prior to June/July of 2015. Which is by itself, 6 months after Geeetech upgraded the GT2560.

Unless Geeetech has figured out a way to time travel. This is the wrong control board.

Whether it was packaged by mistake, or Geeetech sold the seller old stock. That is not my problem. Or the sellers for that matter.

The seller doesn't want anything to do with Geeetech. Not my fault.
They don't sell Geeetech products anymore apparently.
Not my fault.
I came to Geeetech with the issue months ago. They confirmed it was the wrong control board.
My receipt shows I had just bought it new a little over a month prior to coming to Geeetech for help resolving this issue... And while I was at it the missing parts.

Geeetech's response was to shut the door in my face. No contact for over 6 weeks. And push the responsibility off on the seller as the go through, when they were repeated told the seller was continually referring me back to Geeetech to resolve the issue.

Geeetech couldn't even give the decency of a response. Let alone handle this issue as the manufacturer of the product.

Geeetech and the seller don't get along, you're screwed buying a Geeetech product. What a heck of a corporate by-line. Maybe we can turn that into a sing-a-long slogan for Geeetech, because obviously that's the tune they do business by.

You stated, the firmware is the same for both boards, tech support says it's not the same.

Ergo I have no idea who's correct. Can anyone confirm this? I don't want to screw it up further, I haven't been able to use it since I couldn't calibrate it not knowing which firmware to use, no thanks to Geeetech.

Amazing... Geeetech didn't even have the decency in all this to even offer to replace the missing parts. Not that I'm overly concerned about them, but the offer would have been nice.

Geeetech is it's own worse enemy.

chase

Post by chase » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:25 pm

And it should be stated here William, I'm not the only person with these complaints of missing parts or incorrect parts in Geeetech printer kits. Nor an I the only one complaining Geeetech isn't handling issues in a professional let alone timely manner.

Geeetech does business around the world. There are Consumer Protection Laws in the US which Geeetech is violating. Especially in this case.

It seems that China has its own Consumer Protection Laws which Geeetech is also in violation of.

Apparently, it's common practice in China for merchants to cut off communication with consumers in order to skirt rectifying issues. So much so, China has a law protecting consumers from this practice. And I'll quote:
If, according to any other provision of the Consumer Protection Law, the consumer requests the merchant to return, repair, refund, exchange or compensate, the merchant must satisfy such request within 15 days or expiry of agreed term. Any delay beyond 15 days will be deemed intentional delay or unreasonable refusal.
It's a sad day when anyone buying a product in good faith, the conversation reaches a point between manufacturer and customer as Consumer Protection Laws are brought up in order to resolve an other wise simple matter to satisfy an issue.

PolyMaker ran into an issue, Hang is right there in the same city as Geeetech. You what he did when an issue came to light not only with a US retailer but his US distributor? He stepped up to the plate, resolved the issue beyond anything asked of PolyMaker. And did so in 7 days.

Geeetech might want to give him a call for some business practice advice, that's one of your own setting an example of how to handle business professionally. He didn't make excuses, cut off communication, he did the opposite.

Just a thought there since your companies are neighbours.

And btw, William, thanks for the complement on my upgrades to my I3, more have been made since. Along with a layer of dust from non use. I didn't buy it to be a paper weight... but until I get it calibrated, that's all it's good for.

- chase -

chase

Post by chase » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:33 am

And one last thing should be pointed out.

Telling me as others have from Geeetech that the control boards are almost the same like that makes things right or is meant as a consoling effect to passify the issue at had or alleviate Geeetech from the responsibility of correcting the issue by sending the correct board, in a nut shell, it doesn't.

Geeetech made the decision to make upgrades to the GT2560 to the current Revision A board for reasons.

Some of those upgrades, which as you mentioned are a separate Z socket and additional components. As I've been told, additionally, routing changes were made.

Similar boards, perhaps, the same board, no! Upgraded for good reason? Apparently so, or we wouldn't be having this conversation. The upgrades would never have been made.

Hence, the firmware for one, as I've been told and warned about installing, is different for the two boards.

Unfortunately, conflicting information is given by Geeetech staff all over the Geeetech site. Much of which, by the same people. Just look in the comment section of the store... You don't know what to believe.

See my point about the firmware? You say it's the same, tech says it's not... another tech support also said they didn't know what Geeetech may have changed in the firmware that's on the site, it may or may not work. I ruin the rush of frying the board.

So who do I believe as the customer?
Geeetech tech support 1?
Geeetech Secretary?
Geeetech Forum Mod?
Geeetech tech support 2?

2 say yes, 2 say no. All work for Geeetech in one fashion or another.

The board should have been a simple issue to resolve.

"Hey, we're sorry for the mix up, we see you just purchased the printer. We're sorry our retailer isn't handling this the way we'd prefer but we're going to take care of that for you immediately. What's your shipping address so we can send the correct control board to you? And while we're at it, the missing parts."

End of issue, happy customer. Problem solved in a timely and professional manner.

And what's crazy... You could have even added in...
"We noticed you showed an interest in the all metal upgrade as well as upgrading your single extruder to a dual extruder. To save shipping costs we can include those items at a reduced shipping cost if you'd like to purchase them now."

Dang... an additional sale out of the deal.
Why in the world would Geeetech want that?

I don't know.. job security comes to mind.
No sales, no job comes to mind.

Easy, simple... that's what I would have done. But then, I don't work for Geeetech or own the company.

Geeetech has a different approach to issues as I've seen.

Anyway...

Please confirm what firmware is to be used doo everyone is on the same page. Including those that work for Geeetech.

Thanks