PWM Fan not stopping

Atrixium

PWM Fan not stopping

Post by Atrixium » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:23 am

I just installed a blower on to my i3 Pro C to get better PLA prints and I'm having an issue where the blower does not stop when the PWM is set to 0 (M106 S0), it slows down and I can set the fan speed faster and it does increase, but I seem to be stuck at this minimum fan speed, the fan just won't stop.

Is there something I need to modify in the firmware or on the mainboard in order to get the full PWM range from 0 - 255?

William
Site Admin

Re: PWM Fan not stopping

Post by William » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:27 am

Atrixium wrote:I just installed a blower on to my i3 Pro C to get better PLA prints and I'm having an issue where the blower does not stop when the PWM is set to 0 (M106 S0), it slows down and I can set the fan speed faster and it does increase, but I seem to be stuck at this minimum fan speed, the fan just won't stop.

Is there something I need to modify in the firmware or on the mainboard in order to get the full PWM range from 0 - 255?
Hi,
Have you enabled this setting?
1.jpg
1.jpg (66.24 KiB) Viewed 10292 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Atrixium

Post by Atrixium » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:45 am

I have tried with all cooling disabled and it doesn't sewn to change anything, the fan comes on as soon as the power is switched on.

I've tried sending the M106 S0 command manually from Octoprint and all it does is slow the fan down, it doesn't actually stop it.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:33 pm

Atrixium wrote:I have tried with all cooling disabled and it doesn't sewn to change anything, the fan comes on as soon as the power is switched on.

I've tried sending the M106 S0 command manually from Octoprint and all it does is slow the fan down, it doesn't actually stop it.
Its a bit weird,how fast is the PWM fan when you're sending the M106 S0?And what happened if you used M107?

Atrixium

Post by Atrixium » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:06 pm

It turns fairly slowly, but still provides enough air to cause parts to come unstuck. M107 has no effect.

mr-miky

Post by mr-miky » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:12 am

I also had the same problem.
I had solved simply have put a resistor 150 ohm 1W in parallel to the fan.
I checked several times with the oscilloscope but I could not understand how the damn fan could turn.
If the fan is stopped by hand he could not take it to go. If the fan was turning slowly even if I set the PWM to 0 he would not stop.

mr-miky

Post by mr-miky » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:12 am

I also had the same problem.
I checked several times with the oscilloscope but I could not understand how the damn fan could turn.
If the fan is stopped by hand he could not take it to go. If the fan was turning slowly even if I set the PWM to 0 he would not stop.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:58 pm

mr-miky wrote:I also had the same problem.
Hi,
Did you solve the problem by putting the resistor in parallel to the fan?So you fan is OK now?