M201 Help! It won't turn off (the hotend that is)

mark2

M201 Help! It won't turn off (the hotend that is)

Post by mark2 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:02 am

So while cleaning out my hot-end over the weekend, for some reason I had a situation where the hot-end heater wouldn't turn off (even after a full power off and on again).

I took my board out and measured the mosfet, and sure enough it was knackered (shorted between pins).

After desoldering the mosfet I swapped the it with the neighbour and checked all the resistances before putting the board back on the printer again.

Imagine my surprise when the hot-end started heating immediately again, and I still can't turn it off.

Is it likely something more serious? If so is it repairable? or do I need a new board? I followed all the steps on the following thread;

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17039

Can't find a replacement M201 board on the Geeetech site, what are my options? Is this a common problem? it's the second issue I have had with the hot bits...

Thanks
Mark

William
Site Admin

Re: M201 Help! It won't turn off (the hotend that is)

Post by William » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:26 am

mark2 wrote:So while cleaning out my hot-end over the weekend, for some reason I had a situation where the hot-end heater wouldn't turn off (even after a full power off and on again).

I took my board out and measured the mosfet, and sure enough it was knackered (shorted between pins).

After desoldering the mosfet I swapped the it with the neighbour and checked all the resistances before putting the board back on the printer again.

Imagine my surprise when the hot-end started heating immediately again, and I still can't turn it off.

Is it likely something more serious? If so is it repairable? or do I need a new board? I followed all the steps on the following thread;

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17039

Can't find a replacement M201 board on the Geeetech site, what are my options? Is this a common problem? it's the second issue I have had with the hot bits...

Thanks
Mark
Hi,
Was your h-thermistor normal?
Additionally,have a try to reload the firmware plz.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

mark2

Post by mark2 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:38 am

Hi, thanks for the response.

Yes, thermistor is working fine, hadn't considered flashing the firmware, so I will definitely try that.

To the other question though, is it possible to get a viable replacement board?

Will let you know how it comes out.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:59 am

mark2 wrote:Hi, thanks for the response.

Yes, thermistor is working fine, hadn't considered flashing the firmware, so I will definitely try that.

To the other question though, is it possible to get a viable replacement board?

Will let you know how it comes out.
Have you checked all in the post?
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=17039
And was the hotend fuse normal?
I'm thinking,you know,is it possible the mosfet neighbour you have changed is also bad?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

fahez

Post by fahez » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:16 pm

Now a day’s technology prove itself again by introducing 3D printer as it has many features and components for its use. Joining all the components rushmyessay.com review will provide us guidance about it.