LED no display. X Y motors go opposites ?

abc2016

LED no display. X Y motors go opposites ?

Post by abc2016 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:50 am

Just build the printer. The LCD screen on my 3D printer lights up, but it doesn't display anything on the screen even when I push and turn the knob. When I try to print something from the Repetier Host, the objects on my object arranging screen disappear.

During testing, the X, Y, and Z motors are able to move with the computer control. However, after reaching the “End point” of the X axle, the motor stopped being able to be controlled (needs a hand pushing the motor back). Also, the software are moving opposite ways (I drag the bar to left and the motor moves right. --- the words on the heating board are also the opposite way as the instructing menu request)

William
Site Admin

Re: LED no display. X Y motors go opposites ?

Post by William » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:07 am

abc2016 wrote:Just build the printer. The LCD screen on my 3D printer lights up, but it doesn't display anything on the screen even when I push and turn the knob. When I try to print something from the Repetier Host, the objects on my object arranging screen disappear.

During testing, the X, Y, and Z motors are able to move with the computer control. However, after reaching the “End point” of the X axle, the motor stopped being able to be controlled (needs a hand pushing the motor back). Also, the software are moving opposite ways (I drag the bar to left and the motor moves right. --- the words on the heating board are also the opposite way as the instructing menu request)
Hi,my friend
For the first problem,i guess there is a wrong connection between the LCD input port and the SD-card input port,so you can swap the two ports on the back of the LCD control panel.
As for the wrong motor direction,you can have a look at this:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 17&t=17037
it may help.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

abc2016

Re: LED no display. X Y motors go opposites

Post by abc2016 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:45 am

Thank you for helping! :D
The display works and the axles are functioning correctly, but the printing problem still hasn't been solved. When I import the item I want to print, connect the printer, and press print, it goes to a screen saying "Printing complete". The items disappear when I switch pages. Is there a bug or is it something to do with me building it incorrectly?

William
Site Admin

Re: LED no display. X Y motors go opposites

Post by William » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:21 am

abc2016 wrote:Thank you for helping! :D
The display works and the axles are functioning correctly, but the printing problem still hasn't been solved. When I import the item I want to print, connect the printer, and press print, it goes to a screen saying "Printing complete". The items disappear when I switch pages. Is there a bug or is it something to do with me building it incorrectly?
Hello,my friend
It's my pleasure.
You mentioned your printing problem,i guess you have missed this step,haven't you?
123.png
123.png (22.32 KiB) Viewed 9481 times

abc2016

Post by abc2016 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:12 pm

Alright another problem. When I go to the Manual Control tab and press "Home" or any of the arrows, it says "3 commands waiting" and then it says "Idle". I moved the extuder to the middle of each of the axles and it still doesn't work. The printer is connected and has power. Thanks again!

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:45 am

abc2016 wrote:Alright another problem. When I go to the Manual Control tab and press "Home" or any of the arrows, it says "3 commands waiting" and then it says "Idle". I moved the extuder to the middle of each of the axles and it still doesn't work. The printer is connected and has power. Thanks again!
Check all the connection again plz.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi,my friend
I guess you've forgotten turned on the printer,cuz i encountered the same problem before.Or the connection between computer and USB cable has some problems.