Types of Connectors for GT2560 Board

ashleyfarncombe@btinternet.com

Types of Connectors for GT2560 Board

Post by ashleyfarncombe@btinternet.com » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:08 am

I have an I3 pro C and the supplied thermistor connections to the PCB are a 2 pin dupont socket which had a very bad connection and the only way to correct this was to get some pliers and slightly squeeze them. Also because the heatbed seems to be very underpowered (MK2a) when trying to heat it for ABS. I have decided to build another printer based on the GT2560 with a lot more powerful heatbed controlled by relays. Can you tell me the names of the connectors that are used on the GT2560 so that i can purchase the correct type.

Thanks

Mark

Re: Types of Connectors for GT2560 Board

Post by Mark » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:41 pm

"Also because the heatbed seems to be very underpowered (MK2a) when trying to heat it for ABS"
What's the temperature do you use? indeed if you use 75-85, and use some spray on the bed, you'll still get it working. And remember for the MK2A, if you use 12V you should connect pin2 and pin3 together.

Post by ashleyfarncombe@btinternet.com » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:19 am

The heatbed was already wired when i purchased it. Not having used a 3D printer before i was looking at reprap.org and the suggested temperaures for prining were 55deg PLA and 105-110deg for ABS. When i tried printing ABS it took a very long time to get up to temperature. So it was decided that the new printer that is being built with a print area of approx 280x290x290mm would need a much better heatbed. I am using a 200W heatbed with 8x10W boost when necessary.
Also it was made with a perspex cover to reduce the noise and also the heat loss so that the variation in temperature between top and bottom layers does not cause any distortion. There is also a redesigned Dual extruder bracket so that i can use the standard 30mm nozzle throats. LED lighting which makes it easier when i am doing maintenance although i am going to use purchased strips on the new printer. Although this is not quite completed yet due to the wireing if anyone wants the parts list and printable files then email me at:- ashleyfarncombe@btinternet.com
The main frame is approx 500x550x575.

Post by ashleyfarncombe@btinternet.com » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:01 pm

Hi
If possible can i get either the details for the connectors or some links where to purchase them because i asked for this in the original post. But i need some of them because the power that supplies the heatbed has burnt out. Its easy to fix the PCB and i don't want to hardwire the power lead. Also can i get the latest firmware for the "i3 pro C dual extruder" because i have a mega 2560/ramps board spare which i can use temporarily. My email is ashleyfarncombe@btinternet.com.

Thanks

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:12 pm

maybe you can find the connector here:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 163#p28163

And download the firmware here:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 10&t=17046