Compiling Problems for Rostock G2S

walter74

Compiling Problems for Rostock G2S

Post by walter74 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:22 am

Hi,
In early August 2015 I could drag the necessary files into an Arduino 1.0.5 sketch as described in the Building Instructions but when I tried to compile there were all sorts of Errors including the problem with time.h not being in any Library. Recently I I tried to use Arduino 1.6.5 with no improvements. I then read that you could make your own Library so I zipped most of the files, except Marlin.ino & most of the different languages apart from English - the Library only accepts ASCII characters.
I opened the Marlin.ino in the Arduino IDE and, once I found out that the LCD was preventing a successful upload so unplugged it, uploaded successfully. Unfortunately, once I turn the power on the 3 motors do 1 microstep up, then 1 down, then up, etc until I turn the power off. Repetier Host will not control the motors either. Now I cannot drag any files into a new sketch using the most up-to-date firmware.
If anyone has managed to get their machine working correctly, can compile the firmware, etc please let me know. Apart from time spent on other things I have got nowhere since receiving the parcel in early July 2015. This is stopping the production of parts for an idea I have been working on. HELP.
Thanks, Walter

Mark

Re: Compiling Problems for Rostock G2S

Post by Mark » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:05 pm

The time.h error is caused by the version of the arduino, you can use the arduino1.0.1 to compile it .
I'll attach the firmware for you.
Attachments
RKMA_GT2560_G2s.zip
(283.25 KiB) Downloaded 566 times

Buzz

Post by Buzz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:47 pm

I wanted to post a new topic. I will post it here instead.
After putting everything carefully together (and constantly checking all the online exchange in Geeetech Forum) I powered up the printer but I get are 2 lines of blocks on the LCD display. I can connect from Repetier Host but it keeps getting stuck in Command Waiting. I tried everything mentioned in the forum from re-installing the FTDI driver and re-burning the GT2560 firmware. When I re-burn the firmware, I got AVRDUDE errors with both Arduino ADE 1.0.1 or ADE 1.0.5. Both Command Waiting and AVRDUDE errors seem to indicate the GT2560 board is not communicating properly. It uses COM3. I am not sure what that is but I decided to order another GT2560 board from Aliexpress. I have to wait for 4 weeks before it arrived. It worked straightway with the LCD screen display the controller menu correctly. This board uses COM4 and I can successfully upload the firmware. I can also successfully control the printer through the manual commands in Repetier Host. I have attached the photographs to show you the difference between the 2 controller boards.

I doubt my superglued plastic parts will hold so I am requesting Geeetech to send me the following replacement items. I have waited till now and I hope I do not get disappointed.

A. A full set of plastic printed parts. Please ensure all the 3 carriage parts are identical.Two of them have difficulties installing onto linear bearings.
B. A new GT2560 control board
C. A heater cartridge for the hotend
D. A new 12Volt Power Supply Unit, the 12Volt power supply unit blew the fuse and the varistor.
E. A new PEEK hotend (trying my luck here). Unfortunately when it starts to print, the hotend melted the PFTE body and came off.

I am looking to upgrade the printer later e.g. all metal hotends so I have asked on another thread as well.

Thank you.
Attachments
Stock GT2560 - hit avrdude error when uploading firmware.jpg
Stock GT2560 - showing avrdude errors when uploading firmware
Stock GT2560 - hit avrdude error when uploading firmware.jpg (50.39 KiB) Viewed 11169 times
Stock GT2560 - Keeps showing Command waiting in Repetier Host.jpg
Stock GT2560 - Command waiting in Repetier Host
Stock GT2560 - Keeps showing Command waiting in Repetier Host.jpg (54.14 KiB) Viewed 11169 times
Stock GT2560 not working - LCD showing blocks.jpg
Stock GT2560 - LCD showing blocks
Stock GT2560 not working - LCD showing blocks.jpg (70.59 KiB) Viewed 11169 times
2nd print - ABS at 210C with delamination and part lift from bed (Medium).jpg
Re-print of platform with ABS at 210C - part lifted off the bed
2nd print - ABS at 210C with delamination and part lift from bed (Medium).jpg (24.2 KiB) Viewed 11169 times
1st print - hotend platform printed with Geeectech PLA (Medium).jpg
Printed platform with PLA - poor quality
1st print - hotend platform printed with Geeectech PLA (Medium).jpg (20.73 KiB) Viewed 11169 times
Carriage rod mount broke at another place (Large) (Medium).jpg
Platform broke at rod mounting point - hollow and not solid
Carriage rod mount broke at another place (Large) (Medium).jpg (49.4 KiB) Viewed 11169 times
All 3 carriage parts are not equal (Large) (Medium).jpg
All 3 carriage dimensions at the linear bearings areas are not identical
All 3 carriage parts are not equal (Large) (Medium).jpg (78.64 KiB) Viewed 11169 times

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:34 pm

Sorry about the bad parts send to you, please contact the customer service to replace them, tks!

Buzz

Post by Buzz » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:54 pm

I took the trouble to type and list down all my problems but why did you cut out all the rest about the faulty and poor quality parts? You should be transparent. I will reach out to your customer service but my email is now down.