GT2560 blowing fuse not recognized by computer

kazmut

GT2560 blowing fuse not recognized by computer

Post by kazmut » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:42 am

A week ago, I blew both the fuse on y GT2560, despuite being in a 1500 UPS ,the fuses on my board has died. Unfortunately, those small fuses are not available in my country, so I was left into importing the fuses from outside my country. The fuses came in today and the printer ran after I installed them. So, I went ahead with my printing and went out of the room, when I came back, the power again got cut off. I took out my multimeter and found the fuses again dead. I replaced them again but this time I couldn't get the printer to connect any of my computers. I use both windows and mac and both of them couldn't detect the printer. I can print by using the SD Card function, I've only had my geeetech prusa i3 C ibly barely week, Do I have a bad board?

Sherry

Re: GT2560 blowing fuse not recognized by computer

Post by Sherry » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:05 pm

maybe there are short circuits on the board when printing.please try to check your main board.by the way,could the psu work well?

kazmut

Post by kazmut » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:16 pm

the PSU has no problems, I even checked with my other PSU. Right now, the board works, but I I think the FTDI chip is dead because I can't connect my PC on it. I was hoping for a warranty but I can't get by without a printer so I ordered a new control board from your store. Yes, I believe there are short circuits on the board. I have also lost my heating for the bed.

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:45 pm

kazmut wrote:the PSU has no problems, I even checked with my other PSU. Right now, the board works, but I I think the FTDI chip is dead because I can't connect my PC on it. I was hoping for a warranty but I can't get by without a printer so I ordered a new control board from your store. Yes, I believe there are short circuits on the board. I have also lost my heating for the bed.
do you mean you lost your heating wire.in that case ,maybe you need to buy a new one.

kazmut

Post by kazmut » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:42 pm

No, I haven't lost the actual cable or heating element. It is connected but I can't get any ohms reading on the bed using a multi meter.

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:09 pm

kazmut wrote:the PSU has no problems, I even checked with my other PSU. Right now, the board works, but I I think the FTDI chip is dead because I can't connect my PC on it. I was hoping for a warranty but I can't get by without a printer so I ordered a new control board from your store. Yes, I believe there are short circuits on the board. I have also lost my heating for the bed.
hi,maybe you should check the hot bed,and hot end.the power of hotbed is 100W,and hot end is 40W.