ERR. MAXTEMP BED help

TundraGeek

ERR. MAXTEMP BED help

Post by TundraGeek » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:22 pm

just got the geeetech i3 pro b and i had a few problems with it (no instructions manual, my control panel is a new white board all i can find help on is the old red board, I had to re drill a few holes) but i finally got it built, plugged it in and turned it on and the lcd reads ERR MAXTEMP BED what do i do? there are 4 wires all red, 2 coming from the extruder and one coming from the heat bed and no ware can i find what to do with them! (all tutorials are for the red board) Halp!

Sherry

Re: ERR. MAXTEMP BED help

Post by Sherry » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:59 pm

what' the type of your main board,ii it gt2560(refer to the attachment)? ,i think you may connect the heating wire of extruder to hot bed ,so LCD shows the ERR MAXTEMP BED.the wire connection please refer to the folowing link.
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/GT2560
Attachments
QQ图片20150707104240.png
QQ图片20150707104240.png (673.31 KiB) Viewed 16501 times

TundraGeek

Post by TundraGeek » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:42 pm

that is indeed the board i am using

TundraGeek

Post by TundraGeek » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:37 am

According to this image Image I have done all my wiring correct but i still get a bed temp error

rickr

Post by rickr » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:11 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have read everything I found on the "Err: MAXTEMP BED" error and I have checked the wiring and everything looks correct and I can see any short anywhere, is there anything else I should do to get rid of this error?

However when I unplugged the thermistor from the board I could get to the message "GET delta pro ready", does this mean that my thermistor is not working?

Regards,

Rick

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:04 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have read everything I found on the "Err: MAXTEMP BED" error and I have checked the wiring and everything looks correct and I can see any short anywhere, is there anything else I should do to get rid of this error?

However when I unplugged the thermistor from the board I could get to the message "GET delta pro ready", does this mean that my thermistor is not working?

Regards,

Rick
you can check the thermistor wire and its extension cord were bad contact or not;
If its ok,you can swap the hotbed thermistor sensor with the hotend one to make sure the sensor is dead or not.
Or you can reburn your firmware to try again.

rickr

Post by rickr » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:47 am

Mark, your suggestions were very good and correct, I shall explain (for anyone else who may be interested).

I received the disassembled the hotbed and removed the thermistor and found that the thermistor was incorrectly installed in that the wires were shorting out. So using a magnifying glass I verified what that the thermistor legs were actually separated and then taped down with new Kapton tape and then reconnected everything to find that it the temperature was now being displayed and the hotbed actually started to work.

I thank you and also Melody from Geeetech who really stayed with me and provided me with helpful support and information.

Now I just need to work our why my motors erratically send my extrusion heads all over the place and continuously bang into the hotbed.

Regards, Rick
Attachments
IMG_2030.jpg
IMG_2030.jpg (43.97 KiB) Viewed 16412 times

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:15 am

:D Hope you solve your problems soon and print your first master piece!