Control Board bad

rpen5212

Control Board bad

Post by rpen5212 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:54 pm

hello, I got this printer kit built and it works to manually extrude filament, but when a job is assigned the stepper motor does not feed filament. Also the second extruder does not work at all, it heats up but does not feed filament even manually, I even tried swapping the extruders and the port for extruder 2 does not work, but extruder 2 plugged into the port for extruder 1 works.

the next time the printer was powered: I believe that the main board gt2560, and the motor driver boards a4988 are defective. The first time the printer was powered on it was having extruder issues, so I swapped the plugs and used the other extruder and it too was having issues. I then swapped around all of the stepper motor boards a4988 with printer powered off and now the extruder will not work as well as a the y axis stepper motor. I have switched the stepper motor control boards on every combination I can think of and no luck. I think these parts were defective out of the box

I have tried change the voltage on the stepper motor boards, at first I could tell it was ready to print, I could manually extrude filament and move the heat bed around and see the filament stick, so it was not a temp/ clearance issue.

zhangxueyou

Re: Control Board bad

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue May 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Hi, you can refer to this page to use your printer:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 14&t=16429

rpen5212

Post by rpen5212 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:35 pm

Hello. I have already done everything mentioned on that page and no success. I have done days of researching your forums and still no luck. I believe I have a bad board and stepper motor drivers and the person on ebay who sold me this printer told me to post on this forum so I can get a replacement board and stepper motor drivers.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Wed May 27, 2015 8:54 am

1. Check if power supply is fine: Use a multimeter to check if there are 2 groups of 12V output voltage from power supply.
2. Check if A4988 for extruder 2 is bad: Replace A4988 for extruder 2 with a fine A4988. Check if extruder 2 can move, if it moves, we can conclude that A4988 for extruder 2 is dead, rather than the mainboard issue.
Use Repetier to control the printer.

Maybe when you swapped A4988, the y endstop wires is loosen, so you can not control y motor. Check if endstop is well plugged.
Before controlling x, y , z motors, let them all auto home first.