Printrboard heating hot bed at wrong times.

s10blazed

Printrboard heating hot bed at wrong times.

Post by s10blazed » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:07 am

Hello, I got my printrboard hooked up recently and began my calibrations in my firmware. I managed to get the firmware installed and everything seemed to be working well. After a few minutes at the computer, I went to the printer and noticed the heatbed was on. It felt rather warm so it had been on for a few minutes. I never told any of the heaters to turn on in the host software. I realized it was not turning off with the software so I unplugged everything and let it cool down. When I plugged everything back in it seemed normal. Nothing turned on unexpectedly. But as soon as I connect to the printer via Pronterface, the heatbed turns on. It only turns on once I connect via the host software. I can't turn it off. My temp is reading 900+ on the heatbed (but reads normal when I temporarily install a 100k ohm resistor). Is there something I need to confirm in Marlin firmware? Or do I need to investigate the Printrboard itself?

s10blazed

Re: Printrboard heating hot bed at wrong times.

Post by s10blazed » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:58 pm

I thought I should add that the heat bed thermistor is now reading correctly. There was a stray wire causing a short in my connector.

Also, even more importantly, I had wired the power backwards for a few seconds after using your wiring guide. The wiring diagram in the WIKI is wrong. (http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/images/2/2 ... ayout2.jpg)

Star

Post by Star » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi,s10blazed!

I have checked the wiring diagram,and found its power tag is wrong.Thanks for your notification, we will update the program at once.

Best wishes to you!
-Star

s10blazed

Post by s10blazed » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:58 pm

So how can I find the problem with my board? Or should I get a replacement since the wiring diagram was wrong?

Star

Post by Star » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:20 pm

Hi,s10blazed!

We had updated the program.You can connect your 3D Printer as the picture showed in this website http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/Printrboard and try your Printer again.If your heat bed is still uncontrollable,I hope you can give me a picture of your software's operation interface when your heat bed is heating.

Best wishes to you!
-Star