printrboard will not work

dsnether

printrboard will not work

Post by dsnether » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:09 am

I purchased the "new version printrboard" and cannot get it to work. The board is recognized by the computer as a serial device when plugged in by usb ONLY if the power supply is left disconnected. If the power supply is connected, the computer gives an error message that the usb device is not recognized and has malfunctioned. Obviously I can't use the board without it being connected to a power supply. I have tried all of the different usb ports on my computer. I have checked all of the power supply connections. I have tried connecting the power supply first, then connecting the usb. The board always malfunctions when plugged into the power supply. There is no problem with the power supply as I have tested the output and I have used this power supply with other 3D printers. I have attached a picture of the error message I receive.
Attachments
error_message.jpg
error_message.jpg (12.22 KiB) Viewed 10427 times

Alex-w

Re: printrboard will not work

Post by Alex-w » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:31 pm

you can solder this pad,make sure it is not connected。Then you can change other usb com,and try it again
Attachments
IMG_4753副本.jpg
IMG_4753副本.jpg (287.08 KiB) Viewed 10401 times

dsnether

Post by dsnether » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:14 am

I de-soldered that connection and made sure it was no longer connected. Now when plugged into the usb and the power supply, the board is not recognized by the computer. I receive no error message and my mouse and keyboard become disabled until i disconnect the board from the computer. Because this was a defective board when I received it, I would like a new board or a refund.

Alex-w

Post by Alex-w » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:08 am

All of Geeetech products have undergone first rigorous testing and second sampling inspection by professional inspectors.
It is almost impossible for us to ship you a defect driver. But it may be caused during transportation.As you know international transportation is hard to control, the package may not be treated friendly or handled improperly on its way to you. And the static electricity may cause short circuit,which is deadly for the chip.
I suggest you to contact the seller for further solution.

Usman123

Post by Usman123 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:47 pm

Several parts of my mendel I3 are beginning to wear out after little more than one kg roll of filament. I would print out and replace them myself, however Geeetech is using some mutant variant of the I3 that I am not familiar with, and so I can't just find the parts on thingiverse.
Usman

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:34 pm

Hi Usman
Please tell me your email address.
Is your printer I3A or I3B?