Sanguinololu ATX 4 Pin Molex in backwards

byoungb

Sanguinololu ATX 4 Pin Molex in backwards

Post by byoungb » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:09 am

The ATX 4 Pin Molex P4 12V Power Connector on the Sanguinololu board was installed backwards so when power was supplied it blew the capacitors since the current was reversed. I would like a replacement Sanguinololu board since it was your mistake installing it backwards.

Lemon

Re: Sanguinololu ATX 4 Pin Molex in backwards

Post by Lemon » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:45 am

Dear friend,
Thank you for your post and sorry for the trouble to you.
Could you please send me the photos of the Power Connector you use? And could you please send me the photos of the items you receive to me? I enclosed the photos, I need to check the ATX 4 Pin Molex P4 12V Power Connector on the Sanguinololu board which you received. Waiting your reply. Best regards.
Attachments
QQ图片20140709094024.jpg
QQ图片20140709094024.jpg (66.96 KiB) Viewed 11278 times

byoungb

Post by byoungb » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:58 pm

That is exactly what it looks like. The notch on the 4 pin atx molex connector faces out instead of in, just like in your picture but that is backwards. I can take a picture of it if you really need me to but I am not at home right now.

Lemon

Post by Lemon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:55 am

Dear friend,
Thank you for your reply. You can send the photos to our customer service.
They will contact you soon.
Wish you a nice day.Best regards.

byoungb

Post by byoungb » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:02 am

Here is a photo that I took with my phone (I just realized I don't even have a real camera anymore), and you can see the notch facing out. I really wish I would have noticed it before because I am sure it would have only taken 5-10 minutes for me to unsolder and resolder in correctly.
Attachments
bad_board.jpg
bad_board.jpg (188.7 KiB) Viewed 11255 times

Lemon

Post by Lemon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:26 pm

Dear friend,
Thank you for your photo.
I found that the board you received is without problem.
The notch on the 4 pin atx molex connector of all our sanguinololu are faces out, just as the photo you sent.
All our products have been tested before shipped out. We are serious seller, we do not escape any problem from our customers', we will do whatever we can do for our customers.
This problem was caused by your power connector, it is because the power connector you use is contrary to ours.
According to your question, we find out the solutions, you can replace the capacitors which was burned-out.
And then resolder the notch on the 4 pin atx molex connector, to make it faces in, so that your power connector can fit in.
If you have problems in this process, please let me know, I will do my best to help you.
Wish you can solve the problem out soon.
Best regards.

byoungb

Post by byoungb » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:27 pm

We are serious seller, we do not escape any problem from our customers', we will do whatever we can do for our customers.

If this is true, please look into this further.

I do not doubt you test your products, I just am pretty sure you are not testing this connector, but instead testing the USB connection and maybe the other power connection.
If you look closer on at the PCB you can even see that the outline of the 4pin connection printed on the top and bottom of the board shows the notch on the inside.

I used a standard ATX power supply that was working just fine inside a computer right before I pulled it for this project.

You can google for images of this board and you will see them all reversed from what you are saying is correct.

Please at least have someone take a closer look, because this is a problem and you should be aware, I know I am not the only one to have had this problem, I saw several comments on various sites saying to check to make sure this connector is installed corectly. Of course I didn't see these until after it was too late.